Does USDA Organic food mean all natural?

Is one of the qualifications for a USDA organic seal mean that all the ingredients are "all natural"?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

All Natural is not regulated by the government, so it could very well have pesticides used, and synthetic fertilizers. In fact it could be an all around conventional product.

USDA organic, means that the company is inspected once a year, to make sure that they arent using and

GMO's ( genetically modified organisms - which if you do not know is pretty much man made organisms)

Radiation

synthetic fertilizers

sewage fertilizers

and of course

synthetic pesticides

So if it is not USDA certified organic, I would probably stay clear from it.

Source(s): I work in an all Natural Health food store
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Source(s): Modern People Paleo Guide : http://PaleoCookbook.raiwi.com/?ncHX
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

I feed natural, not holistic, but, all natural, there are some differences,but I do this because my dogs and a lot of other dogs are allergic to corn and/or wheat and a lot of the dog foods have those as main ingredients. The all naturals dont have either usually and no fillers. For a dog that has reached a yr., out of puppy food, you could use the Eukanuba Naturally Wild, its good but not regular Eukanuba. Nutro Naturals has a puppy food and Nature's Recipe and several others.

• 1 decade ago

no. in 2005 congress passed a measure to make it easier to put Synthetic Additives into organic food. In other words thats bad stuff.

Source(s): Audubon Magazine
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

yes

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

all natural to the extent theres no toxins or sprays on the food and no preserves additives and such added to it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.