Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 1 decade ago

Confederate flag controversy?

What is happening with the whole Confederate Flag controversy thing? Please give me sources.

Favorite Answer

Quickly, many people equate the Confederate flag of which there were many variations as having something to do with slavery. This is not true and I am not a racist so you nuts out there go beat somebody else up. Best place to look is the Confederate White House in Richmond, Virginia. It has many of the flags that were used by the government. Go to www.civilwartimes.com to find out more.

Like any other controversy...it will last as long as someone keeps things stirred up.

The Confederate flag never flew on ships that bought slaves to the US. The Confederate flag did not fly during the time of slavery and yet it is associated with it.

However, the South considers the Confederate flag a part of their heritage. Most of the people that fly the Confederate flag are not racist, it is just their way of saying they are from the South.

I will admit that the confederate flag does represent in some form slavery. It also represents the genealogy of family members who were involved in the confederacy war. It is like dismissing those who were involved in other wars making those who died lost in one's memory. I think the flag should have been left alone. It will give to those who are racists power and a chance to do propaganda. I saw a truck flying a large confederate flag displayed driving around town. All it will do will divide the division between the races greater and create much ill will and may evoke violence. White supremacy groups are alive and well in this country. They are waiting for a chance like this to express their opinion. Those who blame everything from soup to nuts on the poor, love to blame everyone else for their lot in life. Hitler didn't have to do too much to get people to hate one another. It is always between those who claim they are paying for everyone's bills such as health care and through taxes to have nots. If there were no one getting welfare, they would still take your money. The person who pays would still have to pay. They would not be richer if they didn't have to care for the disabled and the poor. People who claim to care about the poor are not truthful in their feelings. They resent the poor. They resent the disabled. The government has made sure of that. They made it a lifestyle not a temporary fix or a help to those who need care. Look at seniors. Many have to work because they can't survive. Who helps them? There will be an inner war in the this country. We are a walking time bomb. No one wins in a racial war. No one wins if we never help the poor or disabled. They don't take money from you to help the poor to help the poor. They take it from you because you have it. I'm sick of especially people who claim to be loving Christians who say they care for the poor but don't. How they hate the poor and disabled. I am one of those they hate. My family tells me they don't mean me. They say they don't single me out. But that is a downright lie. As days goes by, they will keep resenting me more and more. What does all this hatred create? A world where all the government has to do is say - eliminate those who drain the system. And soon they will say yes. But they will lose, for loss of their own life is next. First eliminate the poor. Next eliminate the disabled. Then eliminate the elderly. Then eliminate those with wrong color of eyes. Then eliminate those who are not handsome or beautiful. Germany wanted blue eyes and blond hair with muscular built. If you are not producing enough, you will be next. They are purposely creating hatred between everyone for every reason. So now they have succeeded again in creating a scene where two sides fight each other. Why now? It is all planned. I feel for those who were hated because of what the flag did represent. But please don't let it fuel your hatred. It is just a flag. For those who use it to represent that they still believe in slavery, how sad. For those who use it just as a reminder for family members who participated in it, let the hatred be in the past not the present. A flag can be a very powerful thing. Now history comes alive in the present instead of the past. All true feelings come to the surface again. The saying is still true today - DIVIDE AND CONQUER! You will be the one conquered for those who hate and want war are those in power today. They think they can survive. Does anyone win - I think not. I think not.

Rodney King said it all, "Can't we just get along?" That's before he pocketed big bucks.

This is a good website that explains it all.

http://www.infoplease.com/spot/confederate2.html

that flag remains controversial.

i dont no!!