I want to know your opinion on this trade?

My lineup in 12 team public league is

C Bengie Molina

1B Derrek Lee

2B Orlando Hudson

3B David Wright (I traded Prince fielder for him)

SS Orlando Cabrera

OF Carlos Beltran

OF Vladimir Guerrero

OF Torii Hunter

UTIL Barry Bonds (pending trade Bonds for Berkman and Teixiera I get the second two)

BN Brad Hawpe

SP Jake Peavy

SP Brandon Webb

RP Takashi Saito

RP Brian Fuentes

P Brett Myers

P Dan Wheeler

P Cole Hamels

BN Rich Hill

BN Dontrelle Willis

BN James Shields

BN Hideki Okajima

Someone offered me Jimmy Rollins for my Torii Hunter? Should I take it?

Also I need steals in this roto league

Favorite Answer

Torri Hunter is on fire right now, if i were u id try to get a pitcher out of this deal too.

You would be an absolute fool not to take this steal. If you need steals you get Rollins right now and by the look of it you need steals. Sure Torii is mashing the ball now but with that lineup hes in you can't consistantly count him for runs and rbi. Take Rollins his runs and steals will be much greater than the loss of hr and rbi. Congrats you got a steal of a deal.

In response to the person who said you can't count on Hunter in his lineup:

When Mauer is playing, Hunter hits behind him and Morneau and usaully in front of Cuddyer.

So let's see; he hits behind an MVP and a batting champ and in front of a guy with 30 hr power. How can't you count on him?

Additionally, this is Hunter's contract year so he could be the guy that puts up huge numbers to get a big contract next year. (not saying there's anything behind the contract-year phenomenon, but we've all seen it happen. Although the other big name free agents-to-be are struggling: zambrano, ichiro, etc.)

• No. Based on your teams needs, I would not take this trade.

Cabrera is a solid enough SS and Hunter is tearing it up right now.

Rollins is a good SS, I will admit, but he can also be a very streaky player.

ABSOLUTELY... torii is much older, is constantly injured, and jroll plays SHORTSTOP. Outfielders are dime a dozen, especially ones with hunter-like skills, however, outside of jose reyes, jroll is one of the best fantasy shortstops in the league. Do it with confidence

if you need steals, the obvious choice is rollins, you could move barry bonds to the outfield. ACCEPT THE TRADE!

Source(s): common sense

NO WAY torii hunter is way more usefull than jimmy rollins

no, jimmy is sitll gonna be a 30/30 guy but he is swinging a cold bat right now. just stick with wut you got. Drop brett myers and pick up Jon Rauch.

take the deal...shortstop is a value position.