Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 1 decade ago

Are all metalheads nerds, or just the ones I know?

All the people I'm friends with that listen to metal also seem to be complete nerds. By nerds, I mean they're practically addicted to video games like Everquest, World of Warcraft, City of Heroes, Final Fantasy, they watch anime.. stuff like that. I know it's a silly stereotype, but it gets to me sometimes, lol.

it's just kind of hard to picture someone liking metal with random screaming and then be playing a video game called Twilight Princess, haha.

Favorite Answer

i love heavymetal and i hate those kind of video games. they are "WHITE AND NERDY" do they like dungens and dragons too

haha. check out my 360 page to see all the music i like

http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-VEIz_d45fqdtKyTAwz0...

Ive been a Metalhead for about 25 years now and I am definately NOT a nerd, and I dont even play video games.

Eh, depends. Some metalheads are the party-24/7 ones, and then there are the "nerdy" ones. [And i thought nerdy people only listened to game songs/soundtracks and stuff like that..] Well i listen to many types of metal and dont really have interest in any of those games listed..each metalhead to their own i guess. \m/

Source(s): experience

There is actually a simple answer to this question. There are nerds everywhere you go. They like all kinds of music, play all sorts of games, play all kinds of music, sports, games, etc. You name it and a nerd is doing it or invented it. Don't hate nerds though because one day one will be your boss and if you have your own business they will be your customers.

My bf is a long haired metal head, and he plays video games, but not any of the ones you mentioned. He likes playing the shoot 'em up ones

well i'm sorta a nerd.......i don't get anime it's pointless...i don't play the games you listed.....the only reason i'm a nerd is bcuz i read a lot and i'm introvert...........yea h most of the ppl i kno that like metal are nerds

Well, I am a huge metal head and I don't play any video games:) I cook, bake, sew and garden....lol

Source(s): Metal promoter/manager

i love all those things u said...i like metal, d and d, wow, final fantasy, anime and manga like naruto, othello, basilisk.i dont think ALL meatl heads r nerds. i kno im a nerd though. mt best friend doesnt like anime, final fansacy, or wow. although he likes runescape...but he likes slipknot and stuff like that

Not really.

The biggest metalhead I know doesn't like ANY of that stuff.

Haha go to Ozzfest and say all metalheads are nerds, and ill give you 3 minutes of life before they murder you.