What is the best play sand for sandbox?

Last year, the play sand we had was horrible. The kids couldn't mold it even when wet. Does anyone know the best type? It still needs to be safe and hygenic. You never know with the lil guys!
Update: I've seen moonsand and it is super cool but, I need 600lbs! That's out of the budget. I thought I had heard somewhere that the best sand is "something" grade and "this" fine. Maybe I'm nuts. Oh, and just a warning the colored sand will stain if your toddler drools and gets it on... show more I've seen moonsand and it is super cool but, I need 600lbs! That's out of the budget. I thought I had heard somewhere that the best sand is "something" grade and "this" fine. Maybe I'm nuts. Oh, and just a warning the colored sand will stain if your toddler drools and gets it on his shirt. Thanks for the help!