Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsCameras · 1 decade ago

how many pictures does a 1 GB memory card hold?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Size of the pictures and quality you desire is a big part in changing the amount of pictures, but I'll give you a little idea if you are trying to make a choice. I have a 1GB memory card and it was not even full, but it had 398 pictures, before I transferred them to my computer. Also if you are planning on putting video on it (like some cameras now do) then a 1 GB can be useful. Also look into value for your money I had to choose between a 256MB (Holds around 200 pics) and the 1GB, and the difference was approx $30 difference, so I went with the 1GB just in case I needed that much memory. Hope this helped.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Tell her it holds 400-500 pictures. That's about the range for standard use on a digital camera. Most digital cameras will have a "counter" on the main screen that tells you how many more pictures you can take before the memory card is full.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

My Nikon 8800 does 102 with the camera set for Extra fine copy of 6 plus megapixels for each exposure. Does 56 with the camera set for 8 megapixels

Does 202 with the camera set for 5 mgs or less

• depends on how many mega-pixels you have. I have 6 mp and our 1 gb holds 600 some.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

If you have a 6 megapixel camera and shoot shots at your BEST setting of 6 MP, you would get about 315 to 320 photographs.

Shooting at 5 MP gives about 400 shots, and 3 MP about 850 shots.

• 1 decade ago

C'mon. Depends on the size of each pic. Some .jpg can be 30-50 K. Some .bmp can be 8 meg.

• 1 decade ago

If you are taking them at 800 width resolution, about 1000 pics.

• 1 decade ago

depend on the type of picture your talking but it usually hold about 1500 to 2,000

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

really depends on the resolution or amount of pixels used w/ the picture (more pixels=bigger picture, and less pixels=smaller picture) dont get me wrong less pixels dont mean that the picture will b smaller it just means that it wont look as detailed as the one w/ more pixels.

• 1 decade ago

Depends on the size of the pictures.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.