BLACK SPIDER WITH YELLOW STRIPS WHAT KIND OF spider??

Well it is not really strips but it has some yellow and is mediam size and more round looks nothing like a daddylong leg. What kind of spider is it??

I think it is dead or was dead when i found it!!! I really dont like spiders!!

Best Answer

In North America, Argiope aurantia is known as the black and yellow garden spider. Also known as "writing spider".

These spiders are spectacular and may be quite alarming if one is not familiar with them, but they are not dangerous. Like most garden spiders they eat insects, and they are capable of consuming prey up to 200% of their size. They might bite if grabbed, but other than for defence they have no interest in biting humans. Their venom is not regarded as a serious medical problem for humans.

I have just found a nest, in my garden, of what appears to be 100's of little yellow and black spiders newly hatched...Never seen them before in my life....

Being a bit worried (Yellow and Black is often natures warning sign) I have done a number of searches...

After trawling the net it appears it maybe be a type of Argiope (black and yellow garden spider) however that is a US spider and I am living in the UK...

Further searching suggests their is a 'Wasp Spider' which is found in Contienial Europe and sometimes the South Coast of England...

Which is still a mystery as I live in the Midlands(England - UK) which is miles from the any coast let only the South Coast....

Should I be charging people to come and visit my Garden to see this rare site or is there another type of spider out here?

They are not harmful to humans are they I trust??? - my mum is very anxiouis!!!

Damon

• Madhu

Banana spider?

I had one of them on my rose bush last year. I refer to them as Garden Spiders. I believe, that is if you live in the U.S., that you may be refering to the Yellow Garden Spider.

Might be a banana spider or a garden spider

Source(s): Search Yahoo images for banana spider or garden spider!

sounds like a writing spider to me

a funnel web spider

As a general rule, bright colored spiders bare poisonous.

http://www.fcps.k12.va.us/StratfordLandingES/Ecolo...

go to this site and is it this spider???

http://www.jdmpics.com/animals/black-and-yellow-ar...