What happens if you get rejected from all the nursing programs you applied to?

Im basically done with my prerequisites for nursing but now I have to apply this Fall. What should i do if I don't get in to any nursing programs? Money and time is a definite factor here. Here's where my dilemma;

-I'll be transferring to a 4 year college as a Health Science major but i'm a little hesitant to even go to school for that. It's not the major i want to pursue at a 4 year but it's my back up it i dont. It was biology, although, i dont have most of the prerequisites done, meaning i'll be at the cc for another 2 years or so...

- Or should I go to school for LVN for another 1.5-2 more years

-or go into medical assisting (6month program) and wait until i get into a nursing?

Overall, i want to work directly with patients. Not be a health administer. I'd drop everything once i get into a nursing program...im just scared to waste lots of money and time.

Ayyyyyyy.....God is punishing me... Please help me!

Favorite Answer

Get an associate degree. You only need the four year if you want to supervise and push paper. Most hospitals provide incentive programs to fast track a degree to Bachelor. Bonuses and pay are involved and if you are in no hurry you still make great money with the associates degree. Sign on bonuses and what not. Hope this helps. :-) Also my sister's a nurse with the associates and they are always begging her to fast track the rest....

First of all why are you so worried about not getting into a nursing school? Are your grades that bad? Therer are other medical fields also. Radiology is a good one. Apply and then see what happens. I would avoid LPN programs as there is not alot of room to expand. I would try a home health aide job to see if you really like direct patient.care,instead of bothering with the medical assistant program.

How about waiting to see if you get into one first before you start fretting. Applying to a diploma program at a hospital will give you a better chance of getting in somewhere. Many colleges are clogged with nursing applicants due to the shortage and good money involved right now. As long as your grades are good and you're done your pre-req's, don't sweat it. You should do fine.

Manifest what you want if you believe in God then all you have to do is ask and you shall receive. When you want somthing imagine you are already there and enjoying it don't ever forget to place gratitude you need the positiveness if you are negative and in denial that what you will get. Have you look into grants pal. My nieces are in Lvn,RN and exray thru a program here is San Antonio all books paid 1year for lvn and 2 for exray and Rn they even get money for gas. Look it up Project Quest see if they have something like that in your area. They must stay in this area for 2 years as lots of companies donate to get them thru school with no problems.

Try to watch the movie the secret on computer you will be amazed. email if you would like costello0@yahoo.com

good luck and many blessings

God is not punishing you. If that were true then you could take comfort in the fact that others are being punished a lot worse than you. So loose the "poor me" and move on with positive actions. Pursue another health care option that you can get a job in for awhile. The vocational counselor can help with that. Then in a few months or years, if you still want to try to get in nursing, you will show them that you are serious about the health care field. If you don't get in each try, then you still win with a health care field job.

• ?

as you are seeing jobs are very hard to come by not just the nursing but all over, we even tried to set up a program for returning service men and weman what a cold place that was you are correct of the fears because they are hear.

• dymond

Have you tried nursing homes?Many of them have nursing and learning as well as teaching positions.That way you will be working with patients while you learn and get you degree.That is how I got mine.It was very rewarding.

wow, you do worry beforehand. Wait until you know for sure what the result is then work something out with your tutors.

Worrying over nothing or what could happen is the quickest way to get ulcers. so cheer up and wait without worrying.

by the way GOOD LUCK!

if you are being rejected, ask the reason - if it's your past grades, then that is not going to change - maybe try school as a CNA, get some work experience there and reapply in teh future

I would go with the LVN go to work at a hospital, most hospitals will pay for all or part of college, while working go back to college and get an RN degree.