What sizes of drill-bit are most useful for general interior DIY ?

I want to buy some drill bits for my cordless drill (non masonary type). I've already got a set of drill bits but its too big and clumsy to keep in the drill bag. If I wanted a selection of the "most common" sizes for little jobs around the home... like to drill in to plaster to put a plug in and... show more I want to buy some drill bits for my cordless drill (non masonary type). I've already got a set of drill bits but its too big and clumsy to keep in the drill bag.

If I wanted a selection of the "most common" sizes for little jobs around the home... like to drill in to plaster to put a plug in and fit something general like this...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SMART-HANGER-STORA...

What sizes would be best to have handy. (I want to get say 3 x each of the best sizes so I have replacements ready in case they blunt or break). I doubt I would need the really big massive drill bits anyway.

Thanks.
Update: Thanks Doobie :)

However what confuses me is that in UK at the site I shop at they only offer sizes in "mm".

Example: 3mm (which is probably too small for use with a plug maybe?)

< easily confused