Has anyone heard of Southwestern Company at Home?

they apparently sell books door to door. Is this a scam? Has anyone else bought anything from them?

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I am the Communications Manager for Southwestern and think I can give you a quick answer to your question. In short, it is not a scam and there are over 100,000 customers per summer who purchase products from the student dealers.

Southwestern is a publishing and direct selling compnay based in Nashville, TN that has a summer selling program for college students. This program has been in existance since 1868, with our company having been established in 1855. Students from the US and around 50 other nations participate in this program to run their own business selling educational products to families to offset their educational expenses, gain resume material and life skills and challenge themselves.

The students go through a minimum of 80 hours training prior to running thier business in areas such as presentations, product knowledge, business management, ethics and safety. Since 1970, over 100,000 students have participated in the program. Such well-known people as Kenneth Starr, Governor of Texas - Rick Perry, U.S. Congresswoman - Marsha Blackburn, best-selling author Max Lucado, Successories, Inc founder - Mac Anderson and a host of ohers ran their own businesses through Southwestern Company when they were in college. As well, there are thousands and thousands of other alumni and entrepreneurs who are leaders in their field.

Southwestern is a charter member of the Better Business Bureau of Middle Tennessee and is a leading member of the Direct Selling Association in Washington DC. If you have any further questions, you can check out our website at www.southwestern.com or call me directly at 888-602-7867.

Source(s): Source: The Southwestern Company, Nashville, TN
    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.