It was kind of funny...my little sister was telling me a story about my youngest sister telling her after-school teacher (who is a college student, and male) "Ima deuce you" she didn't know what it meant, so my other sister whispered in her ear and told her, then her "teacher" said "and I definitely don't have one of those" and then they began laughing. Now, I know most slang terms that are used but I'm unfamiliar with "deucing" someone...I have a feeling what it may be, but I'm not sure, so if anybody knows...enlighten me. thanks.
- 1 decade agoFavorite Answer
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Deuce may refer to:
* The number two
* DEUCE, a British commercial computer built by English Electric in the 1950s
* Deuce (character), a character from the webcomic Jerkcity
In sports and card games
* A playing card with the number two; in most games the lowest-ranked card
* Deuce-to-seven low, a method for evaluating low hands in poker
* A term used in tennis to refer to a 40-40 score, see Tennis: History
* Deuce McAllister, an American football player for the New Orleans Saints
* American Football (soccer) player Clint Dempsey
* Jimmy Reiher, Jr. a professional wrestler using the ring name "Deuce"
* Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo, a 1999 comedy film starring Rob Schneider
* Little Deuce Coupe, a 1963 album by The Beach Boys
* Fire Deuce, a musical band who Travis Stever is a part of
* Deuces Wild, a 2002 film starring Johnny Knoxville
* Deuce (band), a UK pop band from the mid '90s
* Deuce (Beautiful Creatures Album), an album by glam-metal band Beautiful Creatures
* Deuce (album), an album by rapper The D.O.C.
* Deuce (Korn DVD), a music DVD released by Korn
* Deuce (Rory Gallagher), a 1971 album by Rory Gallagher
* Deuce (song), a song on Kiss' debut, self-titled album
* ESPN 2, a sports television network nicknamed "the deuce"
In the US Military:
* "Ma Deuce", a slang term for the M2 Browning machine gun
* "Deuce and a Half", a slang term for the M35 2-1/2 ton cargo truck
Deuce may also refer to:
* "Deuce - deuce and a half." Referring to a woman weighing between 200 & 250 pounds.
* "Deuce" -When someone smokes half of a cigarette and gives it to someone else "Can i get deuce on that cigg?"
* The Deuce, double-decker buses serving the Las Vegas Strip
* Deuce coupe, a slang term for the 1932 Ford Model B car
* The 'common name' for the Harley-Davidson FXSTD/FXSTDI model motorcycle (Softail Deuce)
* "The Deuce" or "Ace Deuce", nicknames for Ann Arbor, Michigan
* A slang term for feces, related to the euphemism "Number 2".
* A name for the devil, usually used as a mild oath, for example, "What the deuce is going on here?" and "What the Deuce?"
* "Deuce-Deuce" - Urban slang for a .22 calibre pistol or a gun.
* "Deuce-Deuce" - Also urban slang for a 22 oz. bottle of beer or malt liquor.
* "Deuce" - a slang term for a bag of cannabis costing $20.
* "Deuce" - used to denote the two-finger peace sign used as a valediction.
* A police term for a suspect being intoxicated, "Unit 194 pedestrian in roadway possible deuce."
* "Deuce," California Criminal Law: Common usage for a Driving Under the Influence case or suspect. Cal. Vehicle Code sec. 23152.
* Piotrek Połoz under the artist name of Deuce
- Anonymous5 years ago
You are technically right in that at 30-30, just like at 40-40, you need 2 points to win the game. So both could be considered a 'deuce' or a tie. The however is that 40-40 differs from 30-30 in that at 40-40, at least 6 points have been played already to a tie, versus only 4 points for 30-30. Since 4 points are needed to win, calling deuce at 30-30 seems a bit premature since it is only 2-2, versus 3-3 for the 40-40 score.