Government appointed lawyers?

i am doing a formal debate on capital punishment and i am PRO capital punishment. this position was assigned to me so please dont try to persuade me! anyways, we had our opening statements today and the other side claimed that it is more expensive to put someone through death row and this is my rebutal: MONEY-... show more i am doing a formal debate on capital punishment and i am PRO capital punishment. this position was assigned to me so please dont try to persuade me! anyways, we had our opening statements today and the other side claimed that it is more expensive to put someone through death row and this is my rebutal:

MONEY- “Is it more expensive to and put prisoners through death row than to keep them in regular prison?”

Does that really matter? Even if there were no people in the prison whatsoever, it would STILL cost money to keep it the prison open. As for lawyers, whether they are government appointed or hired by the convict, they are paid either way. Hired lawyers are paid to win, and government appointed lawyers are there to argue, they make a salary either way. Just because it might be more expensive would it really make any sense in throwing the whole idea away?

does this make sense, i really need help!!! advice- your opinion!?