Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

what is the most efficient and fastest way to lose inches around the waist?

Best Answer

#1--Eating clean!!!

#2--Exercises burning the most cals are as follows:

***cycling

***running

...but you have to really run fast and work up a sweat and cycle as if someone's chasing you.

A 110 pd person who runs and cycles for an hour this way will burn over 1000 calories.

Just remember to eat non trans fatty foods and small protions throughout the day. Stay away from all traces of Micky D-like foods.

I am confident you'll lose weight quickly this way. Some ppl just have to work harder than others because of their metabolism. Still, this is the best way.

Good luck.

***Additions: Swimming for a 110 pounder for an hour will only burn over 500 cals. Still, running and cycling burns the most calories over all other exercises.

Also, saran wrap is a farse and crunches don't burn nearly as many calories, though it helps to build your ab muscles, you need to shed the fat to see it...again, running a cycling. Also, if you want to fast, don't stop eating--BAD, BAD, BAD! Go on a 24 hour fruit diet to "clean" yourself out. The next day, you'll feel refreshed.

If you want to build muscle, that's for another question. Your question was how to lose inches around the waist the fastest. There's no spot training, so...again, running and cycling. If you don't do either, then yes, a close second would be swimming--just do it more often to get the same results as it only burns half the number of cals as running and cycling.

Source(s): Weight trainer and hard gainer--not looking to lose weight, but to bulk up.

To lose inches round the waist you need to do lots of cardio work. You can't lose fat in specific places naturally. To lose fat quickly you should work at 50-60% of your maximum intensity (rowing, swimming and running are all good exercises as they use the whole body so burn calories quicer), combining this with a weights session, which speeds metabolism up further, and a good diet will ensure u lose inches "fast". Try eating chillis or spicy foods which can increase your metabolism by up to 22%, also try green tea which also speeds up metabolism and therefore excess fat. Also avoid alcohol which decreases your metabolic rate by up to 70%!

Also try to eat regularly throughout the day, small healthy snacks inbetween steadily eaten main meals, this keeps ur metabolism at a higher rate.

Doing planks (press up position, resting on your forearms) will tighten the core muscles keeping your stomach in.

Hope this helps

I lost 120 pounds and 8 pants sizes with Weight Watchers, cardio and a stability ball. I did all my ab workout at home. I did crunches on the ball while watching TV. It was great and pretty fast -- took me 6 months to lose 52 pounds and 8 inches in my waist.

I lost 4 waist sizes in two months and you could too if you would listen carefully. Eat only Meat and Vegetables all you want. No grains of any kind (bread, pasta, cereals, chips). No starches (potatoes, corn) No dairy of any kind (milk is for fattening baby cattle). No products with sugar, read the labels. Not if, when you get the munchies eat peanuts, walnuts, pecans, pistachios, cashews. When you go food shopping, stay along the walls of the store. You will notice that all the meats and vegetables are there. The junk "food" is in the middle of all stores.

Source(s): I dropped 20 pounds. My cholestrol is 130. I am 6ft 160 waist now 30in with a chest at 44in. all muscle.

try this my friend

simply WALK, and just limit to wat you eat starting from breakfast(Which is most important) to dinner which is lease important. if you consume mainly protien for dinner and lots of good carbs and fruits in the morning you should be ok

find calorie/fitness calculator on the net, enter all your stats

and it will tell you how many calories you need a day to maintain, take off 300-400cal off that number and thats how much you need to lose.

eat 5-6 small meals a day (eat every 2-3 hours)

5-8 servings of fruit and veggies a day

8 glasses of water

have complex carbs for breakfast - they give you energy

have lean meat (protein) for dinner - repairs muscle

cardio exercise 4-6 times a week for 30-50min, light weight training

dont consume foods that are made of white flour (white bread, cakes, past etc.), sugar loaded foods (cookies, icecream, candy etc) and nothing fried, oily.

ofcourse you can spoil yourself once in a while with a little

Source(s): i lost 75 pounds and 6inches off my waist

Consume less calories and exercise at leat 3 times a week for at least 30 minutes at a time getting your heart rate up to 60-80% of it's max for your age.

You can't pick and choose where to lose fat from. All you can do is lose overall fat by doing cardio, running being the best. You can do ab exercises so your abs will look more muscle-y but that won't help if they are covered with fat.

• ?

Going low carb is proven to encourage weight loss. Limit the carbs (especially refined carbs like muffins and bagels) and include a little fat.

do some crunches. not just 20 or 30, i know cus that what i usually do. You should do like 100 or more.

crunches, runing a few miles a day, and eat healthy foods.