Do the detailed European train stations have public shower facilities?

Frankfurt, DE > Amsterdam, NL > Paris, FR > Barcelona, ES > Nice, FR > Venice, IT > Munich, DE. Eight day rail tour and will sleep on train between cities. I'm not staying the night anywhere, so I would prefer not to book any hostels. I've spent two years in Germany, but do not live there anymore.

Favorite Answer

Well I can say for sure that Venice train station has shower facilities.

And in Paris there are shower facilities in both the Gare de Lyon' and the Gare du Nord. The shower facilities in the Gare du Nord are called 'McClean' and are in the basement.

As for the rest... I did an internet search and found that Munich also has McClean toilets (with shower). But Frankfurt as far as I know doesn't. Although the airport of course has showers. I have been Amsterdam Centraal station and I never noticed any showers. But I wasn't looking for them so they may exist. The same is true for Barcelonia, and I couldn't find anything on the net to confirm either way.

Nice train station doesn't have any shower facilities but I heard that you could find some at '2 rue desboutin'

Most overnight trains will have some kind of shower especially the very modern German trains, and the Spanish 'hotel trains' Though you may have to book a sleeping cabin to use one.

Even if you can't find a shower it is always possible to wash your hair and have a all over wash in the public toilets. I have done it before! Though I wouldn't want to do that for more than one night. If you use the public toilets early in the morning they are quieter and you won't be disturbed.

You could also ask to use the showers in a hostel for a small fee.

This is the company that runs the shower facilities in Munich and Paris. The website has information about both.

http://www.mcclean.ch/html/index.html

This website has details about public toliets all over the world. It could be useful for finding somewhere clean.

http://www.thebathroomdiaries.com/search.html

This website is aguide to sleeping in airports..but it also has useful tips about 'travelling on the cheap' in general

http://www.sleepinginairports.net/

Munich is really a enormous town with: cafe, nightlife and accommodation listings, with hotelbye , you could have a look. Munich could be the capital town of Bavaria and the third-most populous city in Germany. For generations the seat of the Dukes, Electors, and Leaders of Bavaria, the Munich Residenz is without question one of Europe's many spectacular palaces. Presented about seven large courts, the vast resident complicated comprises three major portions: the Königsbau, fronting into Max-Joseph-Platz; the Alte Residenz, facing Residenzstrasse; and the Festsaalbau (Banqueting Hall) overlooking the Hofgarten. The initial part with this big complex to be developed was the superb Antiquarium, built-in 1579 and today part of the excellent Residenz Museum. Munich is just a city with lots of record, make sure to examine it whole.

Frankfurt is a dynamic and global economic and business good city with imposing skyline in Germany and is one of many areas that you might want to see, a minumum of one time and this place hotelbye may help you. Frankfurt is just a city in the center of Germany and Europe and is a town that could present several facets and diverse variety. In one's heart of Frankfurt's Old Town you will find a place properly suitable, the Römerberg.The Römerberg is an irregularly formed square with the Justice Fountain at its center. Not only can it be Frankfurt's many picturesque public square, it's the city's busiest pedestrian zone, house to varied tourist attractions from their several Kulturschirn (a kind of open-fronted store once frequent through the old town) to the Römer, a complicated of 11 charming old structures from the 15th to 18th centuries offering the Old Town Hall with its Imperial Hall, after the scene of striking banquets. Other significant buildings are the New Town Hall, the 14th-century Gothic Church of St. Leonhard, and St. Nicholas Church, notable for its carillon.

Jetzt wohne ich im München. Ja, es gibt ein platz im München Hauptbahnhof zu duschen. aber es ist ein bisschen teuer. viel spaß in Europa!