Is there too much of a difference between the graphics cards NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS, 8500 GT, and 8600 GT/GTS?

I'm planning on buying a new PC, and since I'm mainly a gamer, I want a good graphics card that can run high-end and next-gen games. Well, I realize if I want to play "next-gen" games, then I'll have to buy a DirectX 10 card. But I'm not sure yet. I was wondering if there's a great... show more I'm planning on buying a new PC, and since I'm mainly a gamer, I want a good graphics card that can run high-end and next-gen games. Well, I realize if I want to play "next-gen" games, then I'll have to buy a DirectX 10 card. But I'm not sure yet. I was wondering if there's a great difference between the quality of graphics of the GeForce 7600, 8500 and 8600. On the official NVIDIA site, I read that the 8500 provides just 5x gaming performance v/s integrated grpahics, while the 7600 provides 8x and the 8600 - 13x performance. Is there really such a difference between these graphics cards? Because of the 13x performance factor, I'm thinking about buying the GeForce 8600, but the problem is, its got only 256 MB memory... is that much memory enough to run games like Crysis smoothly? Or should I better buy 2 GeForce 8500s so I get more memory, will that be better than a single 8600? Or should I just be happy with the 7600 for now? Please help me!