Would Floyd Mayweather beat Oscar De La Hoya in a rematch? Besides the money how else would it benefit Floyd?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

With a SD lets hope Floyd does it.

Oscar just needs to jab to win. Really committing to the jab is his key. He would have won if he did it the first fight.

• 1 decade ago

oscar will get more money even though the judges gave it to mayweather.as a ex fighter and fan of the sport for 20 years.i can tell you oscar did enough to beat floyd while floyd didnt do enough to take the title.its that simple.if there is a rematch de la hoya will again get double what floyd will because its de la hoya who the fans see as champion.and the real champion makes all the money.dont believe me? in every fight de la hoya makes more than the champion,watch floyd ***** and complain that he isnt getting de la hoya money just like every other fighter does.fact is oscar fights and beats all comers thats why he is the big money maker in the sport IN THE HISTORY OF THE SPORT!!! fuuk what jerry roth and chuck giampi say.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He didn't even beat him the first time and he knows he didn't. His pride won't allow him to retire until he beats Oscar for real. Why do you think he said the only way he'll come back out of his so called "retirement" is to fight Oscar again? He knows deep down that he got a gift decision and his pride is hurt because he didn't "massacre" De la Hoya like he promised everyone he would, and he lost a lot of fans by fighting scared in the fight.

And Bru, Floyd was too chicken to actually fight with a 154lb De la Hoya, how would he possibly fight against a 160lb Taylor or a 168lb Kessler? He'd run even faster!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well money talks and bs runs a marathon. Other than that floyd has everything to loose. His fans believe in him but another win would silence critics.

RJ

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Bru
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

To put it beyond reasonable doubt. Its pride on the line.

I do think his next fight should be with the WBC Middleweight Champion Jermain Taylor with a future challenge of Mikkel Kessler the Super Middleweight Champion. These are fights I definitely would like to pay to see. I do think it is a bit grandiose to put him up against two bigger, stronger men however whose to say he can't achieve these lofty goals.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

mayweather would win, outsmarting golden boy again. He would be one of the best ever

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

it probly wouldn't

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.