Should a Christian woman were a two piece bathing suit??

The Bible says to dress modestly so I ask do you think it is inappropriate for a Christian woman to wear a two piece bathing suit?? Does it depend on how much of her body shows?? Or should she only wear one pieces?? If you think it is inappropriate can you explain why please? How about younger girls....say preteen or teens?? Thanks all.

I want to make it clear that I was not saying whether it is right or wrong...I simply wanted other peoples opinions. My husband does not like for me to wear clothing which is revealing and I respect that. However, I really wanted some other peoples opinions on this issue that was posed to me.

Favorite Answer

Yes the Sexy christian should wear a 2 piece, Yes!!! ..lest only one and she is topless! ha,ha

Source(s): Babes Under The SUN

nNo matter the age, we are to do ALL things in moderation and that extends to all wearing apparel meaning nothing shows that is inticing to the opposite sex and even men should heed this,i.e. thongs. Now in this day and age anything goes and then the women wonder why that is much of what men think about. Or commit rape,etc. We have become such an immoral nation it boggles the mind. So cover up girls-it is better to leave them guessing than have it all hang out! There actually are men who respect you for it and event hough they pursue "loose" females-they prefer to marry the non-flamboyant.

Women will wear what they feel is comfortable.

A relationship with God is not dependent on a 2 piece swimming costume. so I suppose my answer is no it is not inappropriate (especially if she is at the beach, pool in her yard etc.)

I wear a 2 piece, and a lot of my body shows (so I swim & enjoy my backyard in clothing I am unashamed in; especially if it is stinkin hot!), but I am proud of the way God made me, and if someone else is unhappy then maybe they need to look at why they feel unhappy. and sort their own lives out & not dictate to women what they can & cannot wear.

Go back to judging your own life, & not mine (or any other womens)

Hi this is Brittany on my boyfriends account.i just want to say iv been around religion for awhile and i have read in the bible where it say to dress modestly and if you r claiming to be a christian you should dress and act like one i think it is wrong for christian people to dress in anything that would expose them selves to other people it is inappropriate and i think you should really think about what you do before you do it.

Even the funny and depraved answers here should shed some light on whether you should wear a modest or immodest piece of swimwear....because some of those folk will surely be looking at you when you are wearing it.

For the love of god (literally) you people, Give it a rest. If we can walk around in something that looks like oversized underwear, women can walk around in anything they like. Jesus isn't going to send you to hell for showing some skin on a hot summer's day. Just to make the point- Ill also add that they can walk around naked if they want to at ANYtime they like. Its a beach. You go there to get your SKIN wet. Not your clothes.

But i understand the moral point about preteens. They SHOULD wear something age-appropriate and modest.

I would say that it has to depend on the suit. For instance, I've seen some two-piece "tankinis" that are quite modest and, in fact, they look like a one-piece. On the other hand, I have seen some one-piece suits that barely enough fabric to call it clothing.

Modesty is always best. I don't think women (for the most part) understand just how visually driven men are.

It's hard enough battling the things we visualize in our own minds let alone all that real life throws at us.

Your answer is no. The only person that EVER has a right to see your body is your spouse and your spouse alone! Boy friend/Girl friend does not count.

"But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart." Matthew 5:28

"But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment." Matthew 12:36

"But the LORD shall endure for ever: he hath prepared his throne for judgment. And he shall judge the world in righteousness," Psalms 9:7-8

"Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting." Galatians 6:7-8

You should worry more about learning how to use "Check Spelling" correctly; then you'll be too busy to notice! If you take I Timothy 2:9 & 10 in the KJV literally, she shouldn't wear *anything*! ;)

Source(s): Holy Bible