Are gays living a lifestyle incompatible with scripture?

Lev 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Gen 18:20 And the LORD said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous;

In Genesis 19:4-5, the final episode in the story of Sodom is described as the angels visit Lot to warn him to flee:

4. When they had not yet retired, and the people of the city, the people of Sodom, surrounded the house, both young and old, the entire populace from every end[of the city].

5. And they called to Lot and said to him, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us, and let us be intimate with them."

People are very uppity and very angry about this topic. The fact is, this scripture is here. I just want an insight into what drives behavior like this.

I would imagine that the life of a gay person is a lonely one.

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Lust--- that has turned demonic: which happens' when a person rejects' God's health and purity laws. It becomes' all-consuming is the clue.

The definition of perversion is un-natural and hurtful in the acts. Love never hurts' .Men are strong and homosexuality has a violent trait, the acts to be harmful. Women have had their heart closed and become hard and rejected the natural use of their body.

We all are satan's puppet, doing whatever he would will for us to do, destroying our life and hurting the people around us- See, that's why the Lord hates' sin so much, because it hurt's others, the people He loves'.

It never is just isolated and always hurts'- and sexual sin is a sin against our own body, the place where God now makes' His temple since Christ came with the new Covenant.

Satan is the great deceiver, and wants' a sexually immature young person to think that just because they succumbed or were raped by the same sex, that they are a homosexual forever and/or not worth the effort to go towards the way of the Lord for them.

The practicing of this orientation- which is to go towards' the way that this path of Lust leads, is rejected by the Lord. When a person repents' which is to Turn away, and give his whole life to The Lord's leading, they will get a new group of people, and not live with their partner so that their Corporate Church body which they join will not be judged, as judgement start's with the house of the Lord. It is not a good witness, and Jesus said be lights and lead others. If something hurts' others, Christians don't do it. So- that one Catholic priest should have quit his church, as the other Homosexual Priest in England did, so that it would not tear apart the Body of Christ, which we become in the church, as well.

God has brought the Ten Commandments to show us of the utter futility of living up to them- and draw us, in our desperateness which only happens' when we respond, with the Spirit's help; to: Jesus, who then lives' His life through us. We are to become His vessel, to draw others, with compassion. No- learn what He says', of His compassion and Word of reconciliation, that you can Turn and be what He want's with His indwelling Spirit upon becoming a Christian. Don't take your life- take His! Don't give up, because He never gave up on us, as God Almighty Himself came to die in a perfect man's body to deliver us from sin and the second death, of Hell.

The reason that deviants get to wanting a normalcy by their various attempts at family and marriage, is the denial of the destructive nature of the sin, and most of their partners are not faithful, as it the sin of Lust as well as outright rebellion against God at this point, and other besettiing sins come upon them, to the degradation of the mind at the end, when God gives' them over to a reprobate mind and the person is in danger of losing his soul if He rejects' the Holy Spirit's wooing, as we all are.

They are not "cute" in sitcoms, where every show must be hip to have one (One percent of the population is Homosexual) - and not to be "tolerated" just because they are a loved creature by the Lord.. That is cruel, because it is such a possessed life that is leading downward. When their partners die from disease, or leave, they want our sons and daughters!

Hate the sin, Love the person- as they are in trouble! We all are capable of anything, as our hearts are desperately and utterly wicked, and if it wasn't for the Lord, we would've stayed lost from the Fall, which happened because God gave us Free Will, and satan twisted the Words of God and we thought we could be doing right choices without His Guidance. We are to go towards The Lord's lifestyle, as He made us and knows what we need- Him and His Joy which stays' in the middle of all circumstances!

We wanted to be as God: All-knowledge; but knowledge without wisdom is harmful and God says Christ is: All-Wisdom that we seek.

Ask them what started this, in their heart- because that is where it starts',and in the mind is where the battle is lost for souls and their world view has been twisted by listening to the wrong sources, not acknowledging the God of Their world- what they have thought of the Lord and His call on their heart and life-whether they have given Him a chance, or just decided He would stay out of the picture.

Any life is being drawn by the Lord, because He is not willing that any perish.

Source(s): Baptist preacher's daughter
    • Login to reply the answers
  • .*.
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

The Mosaic Law Covenant was replace by the new Covenant of Love spoken of by Jesus. I believe the scripture goes something like -- I have come to fulfill the law. This meant that He came to bring an end to the Mosaic Law Covenant and establish the New Covenant with mankind by the sacrfice of his own life. The New Covenant spread to all of mankind the ability to be under law not just the Jewish nation as before only the Jewish nation were God's chosen people.

Hence the bringing to an end of the Mosaic Law Covenant and replacing it with the New Covenant of Love and forgiveness makes you a far worse sinner than most since you turn your back on Love and Forgiveness.

Please reconsider your position and become a loving, caring and forgiving human being. You will feel better for it.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

I'm a straight atheist, but there's lots of things in the Bible that most Christians don't agree with. For example, while it does say in Leviticus 18:22 that homosexual acts are an abomination, it also says in Leviticus 11:10-12 that eating shellfish is forbidden. There are also Bible verses explaining who may be enslaved and how slaves are to be treated (Leviticus 25:44-46), how loudly a woman needs to scream while being raped in order to avoid being put to death (Deuteronomy 22:23-24), etc. None of these issues are central to Christianity; people tend to ignore less important parts of the Bible that they don't agree with, while still considering themselves Christians because they agree with the main ideas of the religion. Edit: Oh okay, I just didn't realize you were only considering the New Testament, seeing as the link you provided cites Old Testament verses about homosexuality. Also, the New Testament states that premarital sex is a sin, but I know plenty of Christians who have sex before marriage, and I don't hear anybody demanding that they "justify" their "sinful" lifestyle.

• 1 decade ago

Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed for their greed, inhospitality (raping any foreigner who enters, in order to assert dominance.), pride, idolatry, shunning of the poor, and of course angel rape. (Ezekiel 16, Matthew 10:11-15, Luke 10: 8-12, Jeremiah 23:14, Zephaniah 2:4-11) The Bible NEVER refers to homosexuality when referring to Sodom and Gomorrah.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • DEATH
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

ROFLMAOATSCB!!!!

Silly "Christian" OLD TESTAMENT IS FOR THE JEWS!!!

Don't go throwing your OT at us when YOU DON'T EVEN FOLLOW LEVITICAL/MOSAIC LAW!!!

LMAO!!!

YOU'RE SO STUPID!!!

BY THE WAY: YOUR TRANSLATION AND UNDERSTANDING OF THE ENGLISH WORD "INTIMATE" IS WRONG!!!

HAHAHAHA!!!

IT MEANS, THEY WANTED TO SEE IF THESE STRANGERS WERE REALLY THE ANGELS LOT CLAIMED THEY WERE!! ANYONE WITH HALF A BRAIN KNOWS THAT ANGELS WERE SAID TO NO POSSESS HUMAN GENITALIA!!!

THE PEOPLE OF THE TOWN WANTED TO SEE IF THEY HAD ANY GENITALIA!! IF THEY DID, THEN THEY WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN ANGELS!!

YOU'RE SUCH A MORON IF YOU DON'T KNOW THIS!!!

THE FACT IS YOUR SCRIPTURE IS NOT FOLLOWED BY ALL PEOPLE LET ALONE ALL CITIZENS OF THIS NATION!!

THE FACT IS YOUR SCRIPTURE IS NOT OUR NATION BASES IT'S LAWS ON!

THE FACT IS YOUR SCRIPTURE WAS WRITTEN BY MEN WHO NEVER EVEN MET JESUS!!

THE FACT IS YOU DON'T READ ANCIENT ARAMAIC, ANCIENT GREEK OR ANCIENT HEBREW....YOU CANNOT KNOW LET ALONE BEGIN TO UNDERSTAND WHAT THE ORIGINAL TEXTS OF THE BIBLE ACTUALLY SAID IN THEIR ORIGINAL LANGUAGES!!

THE FACT IS, I'M FAR FROM LONELY. I HAVE A FANTASTIC FAMILY, WE'RE ALL VERY CLOSE AND SEE EACH OTHER QUIT OFTEN.

THE FACT IS I HAVE GREAT FRIENDS WHO ARE SUPPORTIVE, THOUGHTFUL AND KIND.

THE FACT IS MY PARTNER AND I HAVE RAISED MY SON TO NOT BE THE RELIGIOUS BIGOT AND TWO-FACED LIAR YOU ARE!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I dont know about that but i do know that regilious people are living a lifestyle incompatible with freedom.

Also why is a book that has been reprinted so many times know as scripture as if its the scrolls of the orginal ink its been changed how many times?

Bye they way is yours published bye random house like mine?

• dregj
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

you cant lie with a man as one lies with a woman .

it just aint possible ,different parts you see

sodom and gomorah as i understand it were wiped clean for being stinking courrpt immoral sess pools

not for a bit of bumming

plus which these rules were written

by a bunch of conservative

holy joes thousands of years ago not by god or jesus.

jesus never said anything remotely like

"hey peter up for a spot of queer bashin in bethlehem?"

being gay can be lonely sometimes

but so can being in the modern world

every day we get new ways to minimise

our contact with other people

as for the drive

it just feels normal

i form emotional connections to men

and fall in love with them

love cant be wrong

• 1 decade ago

So I guess if I believe homosexuality is morally acceptable than the scripture I must go by is Aesop's Fables. I do not believe there are any homophobic inferences at least.

• 1 decade ago

You should really learn what those passages mean. The incident at Sodom was sinful because they RAPED the angels - quite different from a loving relationship. They were also guilty of many other vices.

• 1 decade ago

My life is better than it ever was living in shame and turbulence in the christian conservative church. I have the most amazing, good quality friends which i never found in a ocnservative church. Not to say their are none, just to say that your presumption based on our lives is wrong and so is your presumption on the BIble

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.