Has Giuliani not read the 9/11 Commission Report?

Judging by his run-in with Ron Paul, it appears either he hasn't read the document or just plain is lying about Paul's cited references to it. Either way it's bad but he said he had not "ever heard of" the points and said they were "absurd".

So my question is... has he not read the report? Isn't that strange because he was the Mayor at the time and many of his citizens passed away on 9/11...

No there is no misquoting here... here's the direct quote from the transcript of the debate:

"MR. GIULIANI: Wendell, may I comment on that? That's really an extraordinary statement. That's an extraordinary statement, as someone who lived through the attack of September 11, that we invited the attack because we were attacking Iraq. I don't think I've heard that before, and I've heard some pretty absurd explanations for September 11th. (Applause, cheers.)"

From http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/15/us/politics/16re...

Favorite Answer

He's just desparet to score points because he has not chance of getting to nomination. Ron Paul was not blaiming 911 on america. Its amaizing how many people fell for the dumb Guliani spin.

Someone should show this Ronald Reagan quote to Giuliani and Ron Paul should have thrown it in his face;

"If history teaches anything, it teaches that self-delusion in the face of unpleasant facts is folly".

And if Giuliani has read the report, hes certainly not going to let it get in the way of his blatant capitalizing on 9-11, which I personally find disgusting.

Vote Ron Paul in '08!

I think Rudy should accept Ron Paul's invitation to publicly debate each other on the issue.

I'm sure he has read it. That doesn't mean he agrees with it. There is nothing wrong with a leader disagreeing with such a report. I think you are deliberately misquoting him.