WHy do good things happen to bad people and bad things happen to good people?

Life sucks and then you have Faith!

Someone real close to me died in a tragic accident at an amusement park, he was only 7 years old. The only thing keeping me from plucking my life out of existence was this Faith. God. Some thing better than all of this. I see horrible things happening all around me, lying , cheating, corruption... and its mostly happening in the leadership circles that control our nation. I know with all my heart that there are laws at work in the world. If you sew trouble and destruction you will ultimately reap it back in your life. visa-versa Good=Good. Some call it the law of attraction, some karma, some fate. call it what you want but know that its real. Some where down the line, some how, some way you will reap what you sew...

From a man on a journey-

Favorite Answer

It's all how you look at what is good and what is bad. True death of a loved one may be viewed as bad, but is it? If you knew that loved one is in Heaven with God then it's not bad at all. Then we look at bad people who don't believe and see them having "fun," but that "fun" now is corrupting their soul and leading them farther from God. A christian's walk is not having all the cake and goodies in the world. On the contrary it's giving up our fleshly desires and concentrating on developing our spiritual being and leading others to God's Word. When bad things happen to Christians we should see it as a re-shaping and strengthening of our Faith in God. Even with death that is close to us: look at these words from Natalie Grants "Held" Song it really sums it up that will always comfort us and we'll back it through the "bad" times:

"Two months is too little.

They let him go.

They had no sudden healing.

To think that providence would

Take a child from his mother while she prays

Is appalling.

Who told us we'd be rescued?

What has changed and why should we be saved from nightmares?

We're asking why this happens

To us who have died to live?

It's unfair.

This is what it means to be held.

How it feels when the sacred is torn from your life

And you survive.

This is what it is to be loved.

And to know that the promise was

When everything fell we'd be held."

• ?

The Question "why do bad things happen to good people?" Is because by logic they should be rewarded. Hypothetically anyway ! SO bad things DON"T happen to bad people is a total misnomer, the grass looks greener at a distance, although it still has weeds & animal/bird poop. Bugs and crawling things diseases as well as fungi's/fungus. It only looks like fun... Guy ! From a distance. The real Question your asking, is do I give myself permission ! To be a GOOD human as best I can. Or join the Perception of wicked for the imagined reward. That is till your double crossed over money by your peers and and slowly butchered. Or luckily die in a hail of bullets quickly. Good people may at times die in collateral proximity. But generally have much better fulfilling & rewarding lives. Fact is there are more Good people than bad in the World, or we would all be dead ! SO ! Heads or tails ?

Hey Dude, you have the answer and you wrote it too. You wrote, "If you sew trouble and destruction you will ultimately reap it back in your life." It is all perspective, my man. Take for example, the guy who rips off people, has a crazy nice car, house, but he is not truly HAPPY!! And if he is, he will end up not. The person who seems to NOT have anything, understands "value: of ones life, ones essentials." The guy on top, he seems to have it all, but it is always short lived. The second guy, knows he can weather anything and values each second of his life. Your perspectives are wrong. See? I will always be the second guy. Hope this helps...Much Love...Peace!!

If you only belief in some sort of religion, that all of these acts are out of your control, then they will continue to happen. Other innocents like yourself will suffer the same fate. If, however, you realize that these events could have been prevented, only then can you stop them from happening. Only then can you change the world so that good does happen to good people and vice versa. We must create the justice my friend.

From a man in the cold reality-

Reaping what you sow is a crock in most cases. What did your friend sow that made him reap death at 7 ?

That alone should tell you what a crock it is.

Life isn't fair, that's the way it is. We deal with it the best we can

I agree with you. There is no doubt you reap what you sow... GOD will only give you what he feels you can handle... The bad things happen to good people though is GOD's way of seeing if you will rely on him, its his test. Remember it states that GOD will give you what you desire but in the end you will be the one that wil have to answer to him in the end....

Favorite Saying:

I would rather live to believe in God, and die to find out there isn't, Than to;

live and not believe, and to die to find out there is.

Reap what you sow? Ummm so what did this 7 year old do?

Yeah either God's a bit of a douche, non-existant, or has no part in our lives.......pick one.

• Lao Pu

That's "Reap what you sow." I am happy that you were able to comfort yourself with whatever you imagined about a just universe. I do not agree, but I do not object to it.

Sure... make sense.

But blind faith will make you believe that "good things happen to bad people and bad things happen to good people" to be true with no exception for opposites like "good things do happen to good people and vice versa".

Easier to blame and take excuses than for a SELF to take responsibilities. That is what religion does for the people who blindly follows... easier to escape to GOD.

That is why people with weaker will and IQ blindly follows religions.

MY DEAR THIS IS WHAT IT SUPPOSE TO BE GOOD THINGS HAPPEN TO BAD PEOPLE BECAUSE OUR GOD WANT THEM BE GOOD PEOPLE.THE BAD THINGS HAPPEN TO GOOD PEOPLE sometimes BECAUSE GOD NEEDS TO KNOW HOW GREAT THEY ARE AND THAN AT THE END EVERY GREAT THINGS HAPPEN TO GOOD PEOP;E