Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

Can you buy basil oil at the grocery store?

I need basil oil for a recipe I am making but I don't feel like making it myself...can I just buy it somewhere?

Favorite Answer

Sure you can. Just look where they keep the gourmet oils. Of course you could make you own as well. Here is a great recipe for it and it so easy!!!

BASIL OIL

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups (packed) fresh basil leaves

3/4 cup olive oil

Preparation

Blanch basil in medium saucepan of boiling water 10 seconds. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Pat basil dry with paper towels. Transfer to blender. Add oil; puree until smooth. Transfer to small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 3 days ahead. Cover and chill. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before using.)

Also, I have posted this before and the person did not know what blanching meant, so just in case you, or anyone else reading this, doesn't know how to blanch; here you go:

Definition: This term means to plunge foods into boiling water for a few seconds or a few minutes, then remove and place in ice water. This process sets the color of vegetables, lets you easily peel fruits, and slip the skins off nuts. The food does not cook all the way through, so crisp texture is preserved.

I hope this helps you out! Have a Blessed day! :)

Buy Best Basil Oil From http://amzn.to/1U0jFuk

.

Source(s): . .

oh yes of course you can buy it. i know for sure that supermarkets have that, also large grocery stoes. they are in the oils and dressings section. i was looking for an almond oil the other day and Basil oil is in there in addition to garlic, almond, and other many ones.

the only place i have seen basil oil is from pampered chef, but look in the gourmet section of the grocery, they may have it.

Fixing a big salad with lots of toppings (on the side, of course) is always a big hit. Grill or broil some marinated chicken, and you've got a great meal.

you can surely buy in the right grocery shops where the products can be trusted in terms of quality!!!

if you can't, you can probably find it in a specialty store.