Stop breathing when I have bad dreams...?

It happened 3 times tonight... and it's happened before... it was weird though... tonight I had the weirdest dream, I had a dream that someone was trying to kill me... I just... I had the dream 3 times, it was like every time I'd wake up... it would continue from where it had left off, I thought that... show more It happened 3 times tonight... and it's happened before... it was weird though... tonight I had the weirdest dream, I had a dream that someone was trying to kill me... I just... I had the dream 3 times, it was like every time I'd wake up... it would continue from where it had left off, I thought that wasn't supposed to happen? Anyway... He was choking me and I couldn't breathe. I would wake up and finally take a breath. Went back to sleep and woke up again needing air. I don't know if I should consider this sleep apnea or not? I already have trouble sleeping and so it doesn't happen to me a lot... I don't remember my dreams a lot... but when I do, I usually wake up gasping for air because I'm dying. I had a dream that someone was grabbing me from under the bed a couple of months ago, and woke up me and my fiance by screaming. The dream I had last where I stopped breathing was about 5 months ago. I dreamt I got shot and I woke up gasping and my heart was racing, I felt like I had died.
Update: Does anyone know if this is sleep apnea? I have all the symptoms but are my dreams causing it or is my pcos causing it? Do I just have it and my dreams are there because I have stopped breathing and my brain is telling me that I'm gonna die?? lol I'm sorry, I'm just so confused and irritated. I need a... show more Does anyone know if this is sleep apnea? I have all the symptoms but are my dreams causing it or is my pcos causing it? Do I just have it and my dreams are there because I have stopped breathing and my brain is telling me that I'm gonna die?? lol I'm sorry, I'm just so confused and irritated. I need a restorative sleep and I'm not getting it like this. I have trouble sleeping even when I don't dream... and I have trouble getting to sleep... please help me if you have any information.