When breeding German Shephards, how impoprtant is genetic testing/dog shows?

I weould like to breed my German Shephard dogs soon and I have herd that testing for hereditery health problems, especially if breeding GSDs, is very impottant and that I should put my dog in shows before I breed ethem. How important is genetic testing? How much does it cost? Is it worth it? My dog is only going to... show more I weould like to breed my German Shephard dogs soon and I have herd that testing for hereditery health problems, especially if breeding GSDs, is very impottant and that I should put my dog in shows before I breed ethem. How important is genetic testing? How much does it cost? Is it worth it? My dog is only going to have a few babies and yes. Why should i show my dogs if they are just pets and only having a few kids together? and when is the best age to stop mating them together? i think henry is 1 years old and milly is aproaching her 2 year birthday in the nezt fwew weeks. plus hjow much will it cost to shpw them and test them? i havent got much money sp selling the babies are my best cash idea and easy and fast idea to het money (but dont think thats why i want to breed)!.

Any info or tips or experience on breeding and mating dogs will help.