Horse Swirls?

Anyone ever heard or read or studied about horse swirls/whorls? I'd like your opinions..old wives tales or truth to it? Anyone have a horse with double swirls on it's forehead? What's the tempermant like?
Update: I read a book by Tellington-Jones yrs ago, that's where the curiousity comes from. My mare, an arab, has a single swirl middle of forehead below the eyes, is high strung, is very senstive, timid,and smart, will untie any rope or open any gate and despite being 'firey', will do anything you ask of her.... show more I read a book by Tellington-Jones yrs ago, that's where the curiousity comes from. My mare, an arab, has a single swirl middle of forehead below the eyes, is high strung, is very senstive, timid,and smart, will untie any rope or open any gate and despite being 'firey', will do anything you ask of her. My gelding, her 4 yr old son, has a double swirl (not touching) on the forehead and as someone put it the other day "You could have a party on his back complete with fireworks and he'd yawn". He is extremely people friendly, curious, and a pleasure to work with. Genetically related, and totally different attitudes. Curious about other people's experiences re: the swirls..