Wonderful country Ukraine!?

Do you know smth about Ukraine. What do yo think about it?

What do you know about my native country Ukraine and what do you think of it?

• Kevin
    Favorite Answer

Like all countries, it has it plus and minus points.

The weather in most of Ukraine is similar to Eastern WA state in the US. The average temp in the winter is 0-5c, and in summer it runs 20-30c. Southern Ukraine is more tropical, with Western WA weather.

The people are friendly in general, but there are different types of "friendly". Eastern Ukraine has a general lack of tolerance for Americans right now.

The political system is full of corruption, and is basically non-existant right now. They are having a "revolution" (peaceful) because the president fired the parliment, and they refuse to follow him. Neither 1/2 is actually running things right now - instead the 3 main parties are spending their time changing sides and who they agree with (daily).

Housing is relative in price to America averages (to buy), rent is fairly reasonable, food is cheap but very nutritious and organic, cell phone service is cheap but reliable, roads suck, public transportation (in big cities) is good.

Everyone understands Russian, 1/2 the country speaks Ukrainian and 1/2 speaks Russian. Credit is easy to get, but expensive. Their legal system is frought with opinion, without jury trials. In business, "mafia like" practices still occur.

Education is exceptional at the secondary level, but the University education can be questionable. There is a high percentage of women abuse, a high level of adultery, and a high level of divorce.

Source(s): I am an American living there.

Its a nice place, most of the people are nice. The weather is moderate mutch like WA state US. Summers can get pretty warm. Great food depending on what your looking for it an all around nice place. Personaly I really like it there, I went to weeks last year and this year Ill be there for a fulll mounth.

Eastern Europe?

well done Kevin! seems like u really DO live there! i wouldnt describe my motherland better myself! though i would add a bit about historical heritage and simple and natural beauty of ukrainians ))