promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Is anyone else out there crazy about the name Malvern for a little boy? What about Alexander?

My husband likes Alexander, but I think that's too boring. I LOVE the name Malvern, but my hubby says that sounds country! What do you think of either name?

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

i think alexander is the best. your husband is right about the name malvern, it sounds country and outdated, not that i have anything against country, as i am a country person myself. But with the generation the way it is, can you imagine if you named your son malvern? He would never get through kindergarten! However, whatever you decide, I am sure he will bring many blessings to your household. Congratulations!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Kris H
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I like Alexander but not Malvern.

• 1 decade ago

I kindda like Malvern Alexander or Alexander Malvern

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I've never heard Malvern before but its not bad. You could always combine the two

Malvern Alexander

Alexander Malvern

I think either combination sounds nice

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

My son who is one is named Alexander Paul and I just love that name.

Not to big on Malvern though, what about Maverick

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Alexander is not boring! My brother's name is Augustus Alexander. Don't like Malvern.

• 1 decade ago

I like the name Alexander. If you wanted to you can name him Alexander Malvern. So now both of you have the names you both like. Good luck!!

• 1 decade ago

Malvern is horrible!(sorry) I would hate to have that name as a child or adult for that matter.

I like Alexander much, much better. If it's too long, you can always use shorter nicknames like Alex or Lex. I also know someone who just doesn't use the "A" and goes by Lexander, which is interesting and uncommon.

• 1 decade ago

Malvern is very country!!!! I like the name Alexander, that is a very nice name!!!! Alex, for short!!!!

Congratulations and Good Luck!!!!

Hope this helps!!!!!

• wyllow
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I don't like Malvern at all, sorry. Alexander is better, but a little stuffy.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.