how can i get muisc into a psp?

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

This has been answered countless times, next time search for already answered questions. Anyway...

For Photos:

Plug the psp into your PC using a usb cable. Then On your pc open MY Computer. Go to the psp drive (F: or whatever your computer calls it) Open psp then open photos. Copy the photos from your pc and paste them into this file.

For Video:

Playstation Portable needs MP4 format not ".mpeg". In order to play it on your PSP. Right click the file and go to properties and change the name to MAQ***** (asterisks are actually numbers from 0-9. You can choose the numbers you want… example MAQ00001, MAQ00002, MAQ23456!) On the PSP save in the mp_root folder under 101ANV01 or depending on the firmware below 3.11 you have you may have to save it under 100mnv01.

If you have firmware 3.11 or higher--

If you have the 3.11 update all you have to do is (while on PC go to My Computer and then whatever your PSP is named on your computer. once the folder showing the files "PSP" and "MP_Root", create a new folder called "VIDEO" (No Quotes, all capitol though!) then move your files into there. no MAQ or conversion software, (as long as it's .mp4)

For Music:

Plug the psp into your PC using a usb cable. Then On your pc open MY Computer. Go to the psp drive (F: or whatever your computer calls it) Open psp file then open Music. Copy the music from your pc and paste them into this file. Music supported are MP3 or .wma (.wma only can be used if you have received an update and activated it on line from sony. Use your wifi to get update. Note: PSP must be fully charged before getting updates.)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.