when trying to buy a car what credit bureau do dealers use to get your score?

I want to buy a car, but I was wondering which bureau do the dealers get your score? My Equifax score is 620, Experian is 650 and Transunion is 591. I want the best rate and a not so high payment.

Favorite Answer

Auto finance is what I do for a living. It doe's not matter what bureau the dealer looks at, they will pull Equifax and Transunion because these are the two that the banks look at for car deals.

Since you score better on Equifax, they will submit you to a lender that pulls Equifax like H.S.B.C. or Citifinancial. They might also submit you to lenders that look at Transunion since 591 is not a bad score either. They would be Wells Fargo and Chrysler.

Now, with these scores you will not get prime rates, you will fall into what we call sub-prime and your rate will depend on the structure of the deal. This will depend on how much you are borrowing in relation to the value of the vehicle in N.A.D.A. or LTV (loan to value), how long you are borrowing the money for, how many miles are on the vehicle, how old is it, how much are you putting down, how long have you been at your residence/on your job and how much do you make a month before taxes.

Source(s): Finance Manager for a car dealer for over 7-years.

Advantag Equifax and Experian all give there info then the dealership generally will either pick the worst one or give an average

Sorry, yet as quickly as you're taking transport the deal is very final. except your contract supplies you you a rigth of return or recission there is no longer something which you're able to do to cancel the deal. many all people is decrease than the thought there is a three-day "cooling off" era on contracts frequently. it fairly isn't actual, fairly because it includes automobile sales. there is no actual of recission in regulation in any state or on the Federal point as applies to automobile sales. some sales contracts could supply a return era yet it fairly is mostly a sales gimmick. in case you study the superb print, the regulations are such that financially you're in an analogous boat as in case you turned around and traded the vehicle returned to the broking. In in basic terms approximately all circumstances, the contract restricts you to swapping for yet another vehicle in inventory that sells for an analogous or a a techniques better cost. opposite to what advance into published via yet another individual, the CA "purchaser's rights regulation" did initially comprise a three-day actual of recission however the CA vehicle sellers' institutions effectively had that provision faraway from the regulation on the final minute. ok does no longer have any 3-day actual of return the two -- I used to stay there and client protections in ok are different the weakest in the rustic. the closest factor to a voidable vehicle purchase contract is in some states that require a vehicle to bypass a secure practices and emissions attempt AFTER the sale and supply a real of return if fix expenses exceed a undeniable share of the sales cost. MA is the only state that i comprehend of with the type of regulation; it applies to the two broking and private sales.

It depends on the dealership. You can always call them before hand and ask. Some might use a vendor that supplys all 3 scores.

That is up to the dealer, not all of them use the same one. Best way to find out is to ask the dealership which one they use.

They use an average of all 3.

its the average of all 3 depending on the bank

I wouldn't be to worried about it, I did a search and found this site that explains in detail about this same issue, check it out http://www.mintcreditrepair.com , excellent articles also.

Equifax, there one more but I can't remember.