Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

Pegnancy Test (Blood Test) Under 18?

I'm 17 and I'd like to go to the doctor to get a blood test done to find out if I'm pregnant or not. Is there any place I can go where I don't have to have a parent with me? Also how much is it? I took a HPT about 2 days before missed period but it was negative. I'm thinking that I'm probably being a little paranoid but I just want to make sure that the test was right and I heard the blood test is alot more for sure!

Also please don't make comments about birth control and whatever else. I'm on birth control and take it just like I'm supposed to every day! And yes I DID miss a period that's why I'm asking these questions. Also I don't want to have to bring a parent cause I don't want to worry them if this is nothing.

Best Answer

Go to your health department and take a test. it is completely confidential. I was on birth control when i got prego too! so i know how you feel.

You could go to a planned parenthood clinic, they will do a pee test first, you usually cant request a blood test at the free clinics, You could make a Dr app but i would ask if a parent is required first. I got pregnant at 16, went to Planned Parenthood and got a preg test it was positive. a parent wasn't required to be there [i think they should be though] but anyways, look in the phone book and call around.

Schedule an appointment with your health professional and don't bring your parents. The doctor cannot tell them anything about your visit legally. That's violation of privacy. Also, your doctor is going to have your health insurance information on file. If you schedule a visit somewhere else, you'd have to bring insurance verification unless you wanted to pay $75 for a visit without. No doctor is going to tell you that you must be accompanied by a parental figure. That would be silly.

Planned Parenthood

I started going to the doctor myself when I was 16. I didn't think you needed a parent with you when you went. But of course I don't know about the pregnancy tests..call the office and find out.

wait a week and take another test. If its still negative, tell you mom that you need to see a gyn. She must know you are on the pill, right?

if its positive, you can go to planned parenthood or a county health clinic for a blood test.

They have places here called Planned Parenthood, There its anyone over 16 can be with out a parent..I think they have a website and they are all over the united states.

Planned Parenthood will not give you a blood test for pregnancy unless it is medically necessary. I used to work there, they stopped taking the blood.. i don't know why. Try the health dept, usally found at your local govt. center. Good luck

Typically Dr's will not give you a blood test unless there's a chance of you being a high risk pregnancy.

If you buy a First Response early result or Answer Early Result test, take it with your first morning's urine and it's negative, you are not pregnant. Those test are more sensitive than Dr's urine tests.

Go to a Planned Parenthood clinic