Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 decade ago

I am looking for Grewsome car crash videos, perferable with kids?

I know this sounds like an awful idea but my son has a death wish and I don't think he understands it. He was inches away from getting hit by a car going 30MPH. Literally inches and he had the nerve to call me a bitc'h for yelling at him to get out of the street and making him come inside. I want him to see what can happen to him. I want him to learn from others mistakes before it happens to him.

I agree the idea is horrible but the thought of his body in pieces is much worse, any other ideas?

Favorite Answer

How old your son? I don't think it would be bad for you to show him simi graphic pictures or have him talk to an E.R. Doctor if he is over the age of eight or nine. It may scare him and it may give him nightmares but I remember watching a movie when I was a kid about why to wear your seat belt and it showed how the windshield could sever a head - it stuck with me. If he's younger than that, explain what can happen and explain that he could die if he isn't careful and doesn't listen to what his mother tells him to do. Say "I tell you to do these things because I love you very much and don't want to see you get hurt or die." He may smart off to that but stick with this strategy and it will sink in. Kids fight boundries because they need to see how far they can push to feel secure. I think this problem is more about respect for you however, Fix that and you won't have to worry as much about these things. It's definitley way out of order for him to ever use that kind of language with you or show you that much disrespect no matter how old he is. That should be dealt with, he will only listen to you if he respects you and you have to always be the adult in order to earn that respect. My son once told me "I don't like you anymore" when I instructed him to do the right thing - I responded "Well that to bad because I love you, but you have to listen to me and do as I say because I am your mother" (he got over it and now he tells me that he has to listen to his parents) It's not your job to be his best friend it's your job to raise him, teach him right from wrong and protect him when necessary. Good Luck and Happy Mother's Day!

Source(s): Read "Raising Positive Kids in a Negative World" - Zig Ziglar It's a pretty good book for raising kids of all ages.

Sorry, very bad idea. A kid with a death wish, a really honest to heck death wish WON'T CARE WHAT YOU SHOW THEM.

Consider professional help if this is actually something that happens and has been going on for any amount of time. He likely has something else underneath this apparent death wish.

Good luck.

I am sorry but I don't like that idea! My school once showed my class a video of all the things that can go wrong when you mess about near trains, I havn't been on one since and honestly I don't think I will. Please be aware that fear can do some terrible things to people, I understand your concern truly I do but please be careful as this will trigger a fight or flight and the consequences could be disastarous!

You may want to ask a local high school for titles of videos. The Driver's Ed department should probably have some on-hand.

I think you should get your son some help, if he is that intent on killing himself then he needs some help from a professional. I hope everything gets better for you.

how old is your child? geese why don't you just take him to the morgue, think of another way, that is awful

Source(s): mother to five

how about a counseler

go to www.thenausea.com