Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Sequencing of 'To Kill a Mockingbird'?

I'm writing a diary from Scout's point of view of ten important things that happened to her in the story. I picked ten and I have to put them in order of when they happened. I also have to make up a date of when they may have happened. Is this the correct order and do the months sound believable?

1. Mr. Cunningham brings the Finches hickory nuts. (1st Year July)

2. First day of school. (1st Year September)

3. Mrs. Maudie's house burns down. (2nd Year January)

4. The kids start the "Boo Radley Game." (2nd Year May)

5. Jem and Scout go to Cal's church. (2nd Year June)

6. Mrs. Dubose dies. (2nd Year June)

7. Scout keeps the mob from attacking Atticus. (2nd Year August)

8. Atticus loses Tom Robinson's case. (2nd Year August)

9. Scout attends Aunt Alexandra's party. (2nd Year September)

10. Scout almost dies, is saved by Boo, and walks him home. (2nd Year October/Halloween)

Any other suggestions for my project? I'm drawing pictures.

Update:

Wow James that answer was really enlightening. Thanks a lot. (Sarcasm) Plus we have 2 weeks left of school and my teacher hates our school but loves the kids. She's quitting, so she's kind of helping our grades with and easy project.

Others, can you please check this?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

the thing that i would change is the date of #4. Dill is in town for the summer when they play that game, and may is not exactly summer

• James
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Ask your teacher why you are not discussing tone, syntax, and diction instead of writing a diary. Move on up, like the Jeffersons. Question your assignments and demand more rigor.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.