Confederate flags??

I have lived in texas my whole life and ive never seen a confederate flag. That changed when i went to Mississippi. I saw confederate flags all over the place! at first this angered me until i did some research. I learned about the civil war and the flag and it seems like people just use it show they have southern pride. I also found that alot of people in the north find it offencive because they think its rasist. Personally i dont think it is because the civil war wasnt even about slavery, it was about states rights even though now it has been assossiated with slavery. My question is, are you offended by it and are you from the "North" or the "South." Im just trying to do a little more research

• Sean
    Favorite Answer

I live in the south and feel it's a part of our history, it's a part of the countries history also.

There were slaves in the north also, maybe we should think of the American flag the same way.

The way things are going there's a good chance it'll happen eventually or at least the attempt to make us turn against it.

Southern. I don't think the Confederate Flag means your racist. But, there are some people out there who uses the flag for that. And parts of the war was about slavery. The North didn't believe in slavery, to where the South did. That's why all the slaves were running North during the war. Most parts though was about states rights.

• Auburn

I'm from the Capital of the Confederacy, Alabama. You are right, it's not about slavery. My G-Great grand father, and two of his sons died in that war. They did not have slaves, nor any of their neighbors. They had farms that hued out of the woods, and it's not likely, that they would lay down their plows, and go give their life, so some big plantation owner could have slaves. The confederate flag reminds me of a lot of men, and boys, died, on both sides, and really for what?

Personally I don't get it. Why raise a flag that for a non-existent country that lasted for only 5 years? Plus That country separated from the united States so it seems unpatriotic to raise that flag now that we're in a war.

I'm not offended by them.im definitely a southern girl. im moved to a small town,so they're all around. you're right,they're not racist,for the most part people have them to show their heritage,not their hate.