Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsAuto RacingNASCAR · 1 decade ago

Kerry Earnhardt is Dale's oldest son and oldest racing kid.....?

So what's the big deal with Jr. getting all the publicity instead of Kerry. seems like Kerry's the heir to the legacy. Your thoughts?

Update:

http://www.kerryearnhardtfans.com/

Some more details on Kerry's career!

Update 2:

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Kerry Dale Earnhardt (born December 8, 1969 in Kannapolis, North Carolina) is the eldest son of the late seven time NASCAR Winston Cup champion Dale Earnhardt. He is the half-brother of NASCAR Nextel Cup star Dale Earnhardt, Jr.. He is the spitting image of his father but has yet to achieve the level of success enjoyed by his father and brother. He is employed by the family operation as a consultant and has a son, Jeffrey Earnhardt, who will race for DEI in 2007.

Following Dale Earnhardt's divorce from first wife Latane Brown when Kerry was only one year of age, she married Jack Key who adopted him. Kerry saw little of his biological father until he was 16.

Source(s): just a little back ground info...
  • 1 decade ago

Kerry and Dale Sr. didn't have a relationship for the first 19 yrs. or so of his life. Mostly also because Kerry isn't a very good driver. I think he only has one top 10 finish in the Busch series with a career average finish of 25. I believe the original plan was for all three of his kids to get a third of the company each and to run it some day. But now with Sr. gone, Teresa is running the business into the ground!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

To Mr Know it, you say Kerry sucks as a nascar driver, that may be true but look at Jr, who has won 2 races over the last 2 years, not counting the 2007 season. Some people may say that those stats suck......Jr is popular yes, but not that great of a driver. The stats prove that

• 1 decade ago

Jr. got his name, for some reason. Kerry is the spitting image of Dale, Sr.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

The big deal with Junior is that he showed the MOST potential out of the kids. Kelly branched off and was a female and Kerry never really rose to the occasion. That's the answer in the nutshell.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Because Jr has had better success in Nascar than Kerry

• 1 decade ago

Dale Jr is from his first marriage,,Kerry is Teresa's and Dale Sr.s first kid together

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

my thoughts are kerry sucks as a race car driver, it's that simple

• 1 decade ago

PERONALLY ID RATHER SEE KERRY GETTING ATTENTION I DONT LIKE JR. MUCH

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY

BEEX!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.