Bill Spry asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 1 decade ago

Can the local BBB help me with a problem with a credit card company?

the company's in another state. I'm ready to send a letter to the CEO if I don't get help.

Also, how can I get the name and address of the CEO of Capitol One?

• echo
    Favorite Answer

I agree with Studly, the BBB is worthless most of the time.

You can file a complaint, and probably should anyway, but not much may happen with it.

If it's Cap One who you are having a problem with, file a complaint with your AG and the Virginia AG.

Cap One CEO info

Mr. Richard D. Fairbank

President & CEO

Capital One Financial Corp

1680 Capital One Drive

McLean, VA 22102

Yes, The Better Business Bureau (BBB) can help you by providing you with resource information about a Credit Card Company. You can also file a claim to the VISA, MasterCard, Discorver Card, American Express Card company with your issue or problem as part of "The Fair Credit Act". Of course you can also try contacting the Consumer Affairs Department of the Credit Card Company or the Attorney General's Office in your state if the matter is serious in nature and GOOD LUCK! :-)

Source(s): Consumer Affairs and The Fair Credit Act

You can complain to the BBB, they will make the company aware of your problem and the company is then encouraged to resolve the issue, most reputable organizations will comply and try to resolve the issue or face having an open complaint from a customer for all to see.

You should still send a letter to the CEO.

Let me clue you in about the BBB....

This is a group of businessmen, run by businessmen, who oversee other businessmen. If you got robbed would you go report your problem to another crook?

The BBB is worthless. What they will do is send a letter to the person you are complaining about. If the problem is not solved, their name will do on THE LIST! Oh god! You don't want to go on THE LIST!

That is were people can do to look at a companies past history...then they do right on and do business with them anyway!

The BBB does NOT help you with legal cases, or do anything to help you legally!

But if it will make you feel better...send them a complaint.

Then do your research. Find out who in your state regulates banking and complain to them. Better, take matters into your own hands and sue them yourself.