Adult Ear Infections?

so this is what happened: Tuesday, May 8th, I return home after hanging out with a friend. I get home at 4:30, and I start to feel this horrid headache, so I take some Motrin, and tried to sleep it off. I wake up Wednesday morning to go to work, and all day i have this minor headache that I now feel has started to affect my left ear, and I had earaches before, but this was BAD. So i had some home remedie earache drops, i put in my ear, and take some more MOtrin, and i feel fine. Friday morning it gets worse, I am working and I can barely function through the day. At this point I am thinking I have an Ear Infection, however, the headaches don't stay in one spot, they move all around the left side of my head. Today, I get this on-and-off headache that starts in one spot and moves all around. I don't have a primary doctor, but we do have an After-hours emergency place, and I'm not sure if i should go or not. Please help!!!

Best Answer

Treatment: Generally, antibiotics are prescribed for treating ear infections. In some cases antihistamines and decongestants may be prescribed. Apart from the above medications your physician may prescribe pain relievers (usually ear drops) and other medications to relieve fever. Surgery is recommended rarely, only in cases where infections do not respond the medications. Use of liquid life supplements such as colloidal silver, colloidal gold etc may help in prevention and early relief from ear infections owing to their properties of ‘bacteria killing’ and immune system enhancing.

TRY THIS

take a clean long sock, most likely a mens sock, put about a cup of rice in the sock and heat it in the microwave for about a min. then put it on the ear that is hurting and take some pain med. not only does this take away the pressure causing the pain but if you do this often enough it will drain the build up in your ear

TRY THIS

Lobelia extract in water will help with relaxation.

TRY THIS

Have for three years tried everything, got desperate and thought of using GSE a antibiotic from grapefruit seeds, took a glass of warm water mixed in about 25 drops of GSE and squirted gently into labs ear as his head was held sideway, massaged ear canal to flush out crap. IT WORKED!!! did it twice I swear and the shaking, tremors, seizures are over. It is like I have a new dog.

You can get GSE from any COOP

TRY THIS

Use ajwain oil as an ear drop for earache relief.

TRY THIS

Put sweet oil inside the hurt ear and then stick a cotton ball inside it and lay down on the opposite side, it worked for me as a kid.

TRY THIS

use garlic oil. Just break open a capsule and pour it in your ear. Lay down on the opposite side for a few minutess so it can drain in good. About 20 minutes later the pain should be gone and the ear will not bother you again, but it is good to do a second time after a few days just to be sure.

TRY THIS

You place a spoon to warm on the burner and remove. Then you place olive oil to warm on the spoon. You get a dropper and apply 2 - 3 drops in each ear after the oil has cooled down and it help relieve the pain.

TRY THIS

Elevate the head of your bed by a few inches. This can help drain the fluid that collects behind your eardrums. USE an extra pillow----or put something like a board or piece of foam mattress pad under the head of the mattress to raise it.

Place a humidifier in your room at night. Dry air can cause congestion and block the Eustachian tubes. Be sure to clean the humidifier regularly to avoid bacterial growth.

read the comments about puting urine in a eye drop n putting it in ur ear :S

sounds weird dont noe if'd want to try that but i dont noe?

GOOD LUCK

All the other answers are good but try using a ear wash from the pharmacy. Wax build up can really cause bad ear aches and hurt your ear drum too. If that doesn't work, go to your doctor and have it taken out and he can see if it is infected too.

Mine says I get a lot of build up cause I am a smoker. Do you smoke?

It sounds like an ear infection to me. Get a doctor or go to the E.R. because if you let an ear infection go for to long it can get into your bloodstream, infecting your brain and the results can become worse even death. (Not trying to scare you) but it is very serious. You should never take risk with your ears or eyes...