Is the movie, "300", really all its hyped up to be?

Favorite Answer

300 is awesome.

If you haven't seen it,

you might as well stab out your eyes

because there's no point in seeing anything

if you haven't seen 300

Personally I didn't think so. THe monster design was cool, but the story was pretty dumb. Yes, obviously in a monster movie most people don't know what's happening and panic. That alone does not make a good story. The characters are pretty boring, so there is noone to care about. No connection with the actors at all. Really this movie was about marketing. I remember on IMDB alot of people thought the line "I see it it's alive" was "I see it it's a lion". People who heard lion were convinved it was a giant lion monster. Some people got so caught up in the hype they felt they were abigger part of it by insisting the word alive was a lion. People went ape crap over this. Also the viral marketing for some Japanese drink had nothing to do with the movie. People were assuming the juice came from something the monster ate or secreted, apperently those ads weren't done by the filmmakers themselves. It was done bya different company to increase the hype. This is basically who Cloverfield was market: "Hey here's some loud noises! It's awesome!" Audience members "Loud noises? It must signify something great!"

Gripping visual effects, some amazing cinematography, yes. But it lacks A LOT and falls far short of being a great movie. Watch it- you'll definitely enjoy it. Just dont expect any semblance of plot or driving dialogue which in retrospect isnt what 300 was about so i guess it doesnt count. It achieved what it set out to do but the problem is, it seems they didnt really raise their bar outside the visuals...i'll give it 7/10.

300 was an awsome movie if you like the killing and blood and guts. It was deffinately the best movie I've seen this year. The special effects were great and the story was great too.

Yes and maybe even more.I thought this movie was gonna be just action action action but it had more to it then meets the eye.The meaning of the movie and how they portayed it is inspirational.

It's pretty good, not quite as great as the hype though, but pretty good. worth watching

Hell yeah! I've seen it 4 times. Very well written and its full of action. Excellent directing and loved all the sarcasm.

I don't know, but I want to see that movie. You really can't go by what somebody else say's because what's bad to them, may be good to you, you can get their opinions on it, but seeing it for yourself, is better. Sometime's if you go by what somebody else say's, it'll prevent you from going.

Yeah it was a pretty darn good movie.

it's OK

really far fetched on parts, made me laugh out loud in the theater