how many bags of mulch in 1 cubic yard ?

Hi ,this would be the average size bags of mulch im thinking about 15 bags ? am i right?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Bags of mulch usually come in 2 cu. ft. and 3 cu. ft. sizes, it would take 14 of the 2 cu. ft. and 9 of the 3 cu. ft. bags to make a cubic yard.

• 5 years ago

Number of bags for Cubic yard Equivalence

1 Cu. Yd

3 Cu. Yds.

5 Cu. Yds.

1 Cu. Ft. Bag

1.5 Cu. Ft. Bag

2 Cu. Ft. Bag

3 Cu. Ft. Bag

• 5 years ago

• 1 decade ago

They have 2 and 3 cubic feet bags. I've seen big 6 cubic feet "square" bags.

If you have access to a pickup truck, it's always better to goto your local compost yard or garden center that sells it bulk. It's always cheaper and fresher. I've purchased mulch for $11 a cubic yard.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

9 Cubic feet per 1 Cubic yard.. this ratio.does not account for depth....

actual example: we covered 48 Square feet, 2 inches deep , with four, 2 Cubic feet bags...so if you stick to

2 inches deep- each 2 cubic feet bag of mulch will cover about 12 Square feet.....

• 5 years ago

It takes 27 3 cubic ft bags to make a yard...always cheaper to do bulk.

• 1 decade ago

most bags would tell you how much is in them....a cubic yard of mulch will cover and area 2' wide 10' long and 2" deep...

• 1 decade ago

Sounds good.

You can get it for way chaper if you buy in bulk. I usually get mine for $20 a cubic yard.

• 1 decade ago

The correct best direct answer comes from # 2. The better solution in large quantities comes from # 1.

A single bag usually sold at Big Box home stores is anywhere between 2.0 cu. ft. and 3.0 cu. ft. Assuming your mulch thickness will not be 36 inches deep, convert the cubic ft. to approx. 1 sq. yd. per bag.

Steven Wolf

• 5 years ago

dfdf

• ?5 years agoReport

The cheapest bulk mulch was $19 per cu yard and delivery fee of $40,cost=$19*15 + $40 = $325.
      I need 15 cu yards=135 cu ft. So total number of bags I need = 135/2 = 67.5, round it off to 68. So I need 68 bags of 2 cub ft mulch. I have seen bags for $1.98/bag, so total cost = 68*$1.98 = $135.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.