how many bags of mulch in 1 cubic yard ?

Hi ,this would be the average size bags of mulch im thinking about 15 bags ? am i right?

Favorite Answer

Bags of mulch usually come in 2 cu. ft. and 3 cu. ft. sizes, it would take 14 of the 2 cu. ft. and 9 of the 3 cu. ft. bags to make a cubic yard.

Number of bags for Cubic yard Equivalence

1 Cu. Yd

3 Cu. Yds.

5 Cu. Yds.

1 Cu. Ft. Bag

27

81

135

1.5 Cu. Ft. Bag

18

54

90

2 Cu. Ft. Bag

14

42

70

3 Cu. Ft. Bag

9

27

45

14

They have 2 and 3 cubic feet bags. I've seen big 6 cubic feet "square" bags.

If you have access to a pickup truck, it's always better to goto your local compost yard or garden center that sells it bulk. It's always cheaper and fresher. I've purchased mulch for $11 a cubic yard.

9 Cubic feet per 1 Cubic yard.. this ratio.does not account for depth....

actual example: we covered 48 Square feet, 2 inches deep , with four, 2 Cubic feet bags...so if you stick to

2 inches deep- each 2 cubic feet bag of mulch will cover about 12 Square feet.....

It takes 27 3 cubic ft bags to make a yard...always cheaper to do bulk.

most bags would tell you how much is in them....a cubic yard of mulch will cover and area 2' wide 10' long and 2" deep...

Sounds good.

You can get it for way chaper if you buy in bulk. I usually get mine for $20 a cubic yard.

The correct best direct answer comes from # 2. The better solution in large quantities comes from # 1.

A single bag usually sold at Big Box home stores is anywhere between 2.0 cu. ft. and 3.0 cu. ft. Assuming your mulch thickness will not be 36 inches deep, convert the cubic ft. to approx. 1 sq. yd. per bag.

Steven Wolf

dfdf

• ?5 years agoReport

The cheapest bulk mulch was $19 per cu yard and delivery fee of $40,cost=$19*15 + $40 = $325.
      I need 15 cu yards=135 cu ft. So total number of bags I need = 135/2 = 67.5, round it off to 68. So I need 68 bags of 2 cub ft mulch. I have seen bags for $1.98/bag, so total cost = 68*$1.98 = $135.