Buying a bathing suit/bikini?

Hi! I am leaving very soon for Lebanon and I do not have a bathing suit. My boyfriend wants me to wait until I am there to buy one, but I would like to buy it here. Here, I can buy a piece (you need 2 pieces, a top and bottom) for about 15$-20$ so like 30-40 for set!

How much do you normally spend on a bathing suit (in Lebanon) or the equivilent cost in US dollars (if you know that please)? I don't really like to buy the super expensive bathing suits because it seems rather silly to spend 100$ on such a teeny tiny piece of fabric. Also, I thought my bathing suit would be unique if I bought it here!

Do you have any Lebanese stores (with website) that you could maybe reccommend for me to look at? Thank you very much for your help!

11 Answers

Relevance
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I have no idea about the cost but if I were you I would get one here. You might have terrible trouble finding one when you get there and happy travel is all about avoiding avoidable stress.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Did I understand well that you prefer to buy one in your country? You said it twice.

Then you're asking for a lebanese store???

Ok I think that I understood that u're undecided about either buying it in your country or in Lebanon. Buy one in your country and then, if you find one u like in Lebanon, u can buy it too. They're a bit expensive in Lebanon but they're unique. Every piece of clothe I bought everytime I went to Lebanon makes everybody ask me where did I get it from... U won't be deceived at all.

Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Shrinking violet's link is great. I love la redoute. And kate's answer is the best really. Having said that, I'm from the UK and the last thing I wanna do is shop for a bikini in leb lol.. Buy it from the US ... shoes however I love from lebanon, they're out of this world.. and so cheap and extravagant.. oh and sooo comfortable..make sure he takes u to marilyes.. OH ..

Toushka

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Wearing a 15-20$ bathing suit in Lebanon is ridiculous !!?? Are you making fun of the Lebanese people ?

If you wanna go to Lebanon you should dress to impress!

A 100$ suit will look fabulous on you. In Lebanon its all about the image. More expensive you wear, more you spend, more you show off, more people will like you.

If its your first time in Lebanon, dont make mistakes take my advice.

Meeting new people, specialy new family members, need to give a good impression. You need to make them like you. The only way you can attrack people in Lebanon and let them like you is to show them that you are better than others.

You should show them that you have something that a lot of people doesnt have.

In Lebanon always dress to impress.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • webby
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

well it's not everyday that I disagree with Kate...

Do all the shopping you can in the U.S.

Things are cheaper - not always better - but I figured out if you don't own a swimsuit already chances are you're not into swimming anyway.

you will be more comfortable shopping back home, and without any pressure. plus you could waste a whole day of your trip looking for what you want or settling for anything.

BTW...Gee...you are really planning this trip down to it's tiniest detail.lol.

• LiLi
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

well the prices starts from 30$ and up to 200$, if u want one with a good quality u have to pay 100$ and up!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

you can find a bathing suit for $30 up till $300

BTW, styles of bathing suits in Lebanon are way better than those in USA and so are the clothes...you only have to go shopping during the sale season to get the best of price...so my advice to you is don't get too many clothes from USA just buy some here (they are more expensive, but in sale periode they are almost the same as USA)

• 1 decade ago

lol@ Hakim

But Hakim is right ... in lebanon showing off is the only way to survive ... competion is strong and people like only the best.

• 1 decade ago

I don't think we have any online clothes store.

but take a look at this website, a lot of lebanese I know buy of them.

http://www.us.redoute.com/?affiliate_id=023&affili...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I agree with Hakim.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.