malachai asked in TravelAir Travel · 1 decade ago

Hello.Can anyone tell me the website that allows you to see the location of all flights in the US in realtime?

Favorite Answer

www.flightaware.com

The only flights tracked in the United States are aircraft on Instrument flight plans. VFR flight plans(generally small aircraft) do not require any sort of radar contact or ATC communication and are therefore not tracked.

Tracking information is provided by the FAA on a minute-by-minute basis. You're not going to be able to find a list of all the planes on one page, but are able to track by tail number (N-Number), airline and flight number, and by airport (either destination or arrival). This website is free.

edit:

Also, there are several subscription based programs (such as Flight Explorer) and websites (fboweb.com) used by aviation service companies to track flights. Having used Flight Explorer at my last job, I can tell you that it is possible to show all U.S. Tracked flights over the entire world. FBOWeb, which I used job before that, does not to the best of my knowlege provide such a map.

It's perfectly legal and I see no security risk.

Source(s): Credentials: Flight Instructor Line Service Tech for 3 years B.S. in Aviation

I have a Mac Widget that allows me to do that, called Flight Tracker. Only one flight at a time though.

That's an odd question to ask. There's probably not one. And if there is one its probably protected by the FAA, so you wouldn't be able to use it anyway.

I doubt it, its called US security.