Is Tap dancing a good workout?

I don't like gyms so i like to do different activities for excersise (biking, tennis, salsa dancing, etc). I've never taken tap dance and it looks interesting. For any tap dancers out there, is tap dancing a good workout?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Tap dancing not only builds strength (in most areas, not just the legs and ankles), but it is a very good form of exercise to help build endurance. Tap dance also exercises your brain because you are concentrating on learning sequenced moves and also how to use different parts of your foot to create different sounds. You also work at improving coordination with tap dance, since you must tap the proper rhythm with the coordination of using arms, hands, etc. Using your ab muscles and shoulders/back to lift your body off of the ground when doing some tap moves makes tap dancing an excellent (and fun!) form of exercise for those who need variety and a challenge.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Tap dancing is a great workout, but you can't just start tap dancing right away. You need to take ballet classes to strengthen your ankles and just to build leg muscle for the constant movement of your feet in tap.

• 4 years ago

I imagine tap dancing would be a great cardio workout.

• 1 decade ago

tap dancing is a good workout ive taken it for about 5 years and its really good.. i also take ballet and its a great combination.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I think that tapping is a pretty good workout. You'll get really sweaty, but it's really fun! Give it a try- I would highly recommend it!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes it is very good exercise but Ballet is the basis of all dance forms

• 1 decade ago

it is a very good workout. it is also fun and upbeat. it is different from any other kind of dancing.

• 1 decade ago

hun, EVERY type of dance is a good work out, trust me, it'll make you sweat!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.