Has anyone here seen the Rammstein video Do Hast? I don't really get the video. What is it really about?

Favorite Answer

I've seen Rammstein live and their show is a little on the homoerotic side. On the tour I saw the lead singer comes out on fire and it just gets weirder from their. The keyboard player is the one who takes most of the abuse. He is dressed in gay leather gear and is simu-raped and the lead singer simulates ejaculating all over the crowd. Lots of S&M imagery. They are an aquired taste. I think they rock. They were one of the first bands from Eastern Germany to crossover after the Berlin wall came down. As far as the video, Robert Ramirez (From Dusk til Dawn) produced it, so who the hell knows?

Source(s): I love Rammstein.

*Du Hast. The song is about a poor marriage between a loyal man and his bossy/ could even say evil, wife.

du hast

du hast mich

du hast mich gefragt

du hast mich gefragt, und ich hab nichts gesagt

Willst du bis der Tod euch scheidet

treu ihr sein für alle Tage

Nein

Willst du bis zum Tod, der scheide

sie lieben auch in schlechten Tagen

Nein

You

you have *

you have me

you have asked me

you have asked me and I have said nothing

Do you want, until death seperates you,

to be faithful to her for all days

No

Do you want, until death, which would seperate, **

to love her, even in bad days

No

* When Till (Till Lindemann is rammstein's singer) is just saying "Du hast," it sounds as if he could either be saying "Du hast" (you have) or "Du hasst" (you hate). This is to give the song a double meaning, even though the official lyrics say "Du hast."

** There is another sort of double meaning here. If the line is read as "Tod der Scheide" it would be "until the death of the vagina" and not "until death, which would seperate" ("Tod, der scheide"). The whole song is a play on German wedding vows (Wollen Sie einander lieben und achten und die Treue halten bis dass der Tod euch scheidet? - Do you want to love and respect each other and to remain faithful, until death seperates you?). Instead of answering with "Ja," Till says "Nein," finally answering the question he said nothing to in the beginning.

In the video the wife has the husband goes into that building where she planned on having th guys from rammstein kill him ( this signifies how love can torture someone, even to death)Turns out they are actually his friends and they ended up double crossing her by blowing her up. The wedding vow in the song "Willst du bis der Tod euch scheidet

treu ihr sein für alle Tage?" is asking him if he really wants to marry her, he's unsure but still curious (in the video he walks into the building, then he sees what his wife wants of him, being death) so he realizes that she ain't for me and blows her up (nein!)

• I recall them stating somewhere that the video is about brotherhood, kind of like wedding vows...etc. But it's also been said that it was inspired by the movie Reservoir Dogs.

Have you seen the movie TripleXXX, Rammstein is in it playing that song live!!!!

It's paying tribute to the film "Resivoir Dogs"

The song is actually "you hate me" in english.

look up the words in english, i think you'd understand it more.

i'm german.

so i actually know what they're talking about.

I like that song.

• *wow...I have been trying to figure out who the hell sings that freakin song since last year!

.........thank you.

........ugh...umm...I have no idea what the video means though.

i love them!