How do I get certified to teach in Texas?

I have a BS in Economics with a minor in Business. I graduted almost ten years ago. I never really used the degree. I was in banking all through college and liked it so I just stayed in that field. I am staying home with my small children right now but will go back to work in a year or two. I am interested in... show more I have a BS in Economics with a minor in Business. I graduted almost ten years ago. I never really used the degree. I was in banking all through college and liked it so I just stayed in that field. I am staying home with my small children right now but will go back to work in a year or two. I am interested in getting my teaching certificate. What is the procedure for doing this in Texas? Is there more than one way to do it? What are the advantages and disadvantages to getting your certification this way? Will I have to student teach? How long will the whole process of getting certified take? How much will it cost? What are the best sites on the net to find info on how to do this? Has anyone got their certification this way? Tell me more? What is the average starting salary? What grades would I teach? Is there a tool or quiz to take to see what grades would suit me, my personality, and my expertise? Thank you for any sincere advice, knowledge or experiences you can give me
3 answers 3