Have you ever been to LOURDES as a pilgrim and if so what did you get out of the visit?

I have just been on a JUMBULANCE with some 30 wheel chair users as a helper and found the experience very humbling.

Carl your on the list !!!!

• Stef
    Best Answer

School trip! What an awful place! it's ugly and everyone is desperate! and lots and lots of tacky icons for sale!

• Sniper

Peace, a place where all the Catholics of different nationality and languages gather together to pray in Latin! Hoped that a miracle will happen. To be able to visit the grotto where Our Lady appeared on earth. To visit ST Bernadette's house, to see the 3 churches there and but some souvenirs. Take and drink the holy water from Lourdes. Visit the surrounding areas of Lourdes and to travel back in time and to perform one of the greatest Catholic pilgrimages!

I had been there 2 times, In one of the times a woman who was in wheelchair12 years stood up, was really touching, I made some friends there whose confess to have HIV, I went myself to say thank you so I could enjoy the experience with double joy.

After 2 months a received mail from 2 of the people with HIV and they told me that when they went to make the normal tests found out HIV simply, disappeared.

The miracle of this 2 people is already a "proved " miracle and had been passed to join the more than 120 000 miracles occurred in Fatima the last 17 years.

Is really quite disturbing as I went to say thank you also, for something I do consider a real miracle also.

Fantastic, The Kingdom of The father, The Son and the Holy Spirit: The sign of the cross.

actually even as a non Catholic I would love to visit , it must be quite an overwhelming experience

we do have a similar shrine here in Glasgow , and it is such a serene place

It is just a belief of the Catholics who believe tht Lourdes is a Saint who has power like God, but this is prohibited by God.

jtm

I haven't been yet, but it's on my list of places to visit. I hope it is as positive for me as it was for you.

Cheers :-)

• carl

No, but I'll go there this summer with my family.

We'll pray for the health of my oldest son.

If you can please say a prayer for him too, he is suffering so much.

I hope to go there someday .