Best male/female contraceptive? want to avoid unwanted pregnancy?

I have got a baby of 4and half month old. We would like to have a gap of atleast two years for the second baby. I am reaching 40 years in a couple of months & my wife will complete her 30th birthday in July 07. Can any body suggest us the best of contraceptive for men/women, any alternative method for avoiding the pregnancy. Whether using of Condoms will provide 100 % safe & doest it yield satisfaction among the couple.

Favorite Answer

I would recommend that your wife gets an IUD. It's a simple device that is placed in her uterus...most will prevent pregnancy for 5 years at a time, and then you can simply replace it. You can also have it removed at any time if you change your mind. One brand to check out is Mirena. Have your wife discuss it with her healthcare provider...it is actually SLIGHTLY more effective that having your tubes tied (only something like 0.00001% more effective, but still), plus the woman's fertility is restored as soon as the IUD is removed. You can make love without worrying, and you won't have to remember pills, condoms, shots, anything! Just have that sucker put it and you're good to go for up to 5 years!

Well i think for her she should consider the depo shot that is the most effective contraceptive for women besides not at all. And if you want to be extra safe were a condom no it might not feel as good as it does with out but it makes your odds better of not having another baby yet.

hi. I always found the best contraceptive was the cap which can be measured and fitted at any family planning clinic. This is an internal device fitted into the woman's vagina. Very easy to use although does need some premeditation! but my boyfriend used to put it in for me while we played doctors and nurses. A great lead up to fantastic sex!!

Hands down the Mirena IUD it is for a woman it is over 100% percent affective it can stay in her for up to 5 years so no opps i forgot to take my pill. It also can be removed in the office and a month later you can start conciveing again.

Source(s): I have it and love it.

the pill is typically 99% effective... you can always add something to that, like predict ovulation and not have sex during that time, but usually (if taken correctly) the pill should do the trick.

contraceptive arm implants work well[lasts about two or three years]also if you want longer a miranda [vaginal insertion by doctor]lasts for five years.good luck

Abstinence. Haha. But other than that, have her get the shot. Depo-Provera. She WON'T get pregnant on that.