Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 1 decade ago

If the US leaves Iraq & the Iraqi Shiites/Kurds wipe out all the Al Qaeda in Iraq would people be.............

happy that all the terrorists have been wiped out in Iraq by the Iraqi people or would they be upset that the US military wasn't able to do it first?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Would be nice if you really understood the scope of things,

this is a proxy war , Iraq just happens to be the Battlefield,

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

If we are forced to leave before we complete the mission and the Iraqi government is not capable of confronting any action then Iran and Syria will fuel a civil war that will make our footprint nearly invisible.

They have no desire greater than to see us fail and give them the opportunity to step into the ruins and set up a puppet Government that is run by the most powerful Shite imams that they choose to put in place.

The tribal factions will wipe out any opposition and then they will open up the oil fields and there will be no way to stop another Islamic Fudementalist government to train and equip more terrorist to attack us here and abroad.

Northern Africa has been getting a small taste of Al_Quaida recently but think what they could do with a country that is not a 3rd world economy, and the people are as educated as the Iraqi people. It would be a total slaughter of all the educated individuals that might speak against them. WE HAVE TO STAY.

Source(s): Reality
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I am curious what will happen if the Iraqi's ask us to leave...there is some talk of this in the parliament at them moment. George Bush has always said we would leave if they ask us to. I personally don't know who is and who isn't a terrorist over there, but I don't think our troops have anything to be ashamed of. They have done what they were asked to, it is just that the Bush administration keeps changing their ultimate objective. They won this war years ago. You can not wipe out all terrorists, but I would like to see the Iraqis' give it thier best shot. We will have to wait though for the Iraquis' to do anything as they are about to go on a two month vacation while our troops fight and die so they can go sit on their hands and do nothing as usual.

• 1 decade ago

You're mistaken; Al Quaeda has hardly any presence in Iraq.

Both the Shiites and the Sunnis (who aren't the same as Al Qaeda, most are otherwise aligned) are killing each other.

Most of the people being murdered aren't terrorists at all.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It more likely would be that if we leave Iraq, AlQaeda

will wipe out or terrorize continually the Shities/Kurds

and everyone else in that area. That's the problem. They

will make all the other people over there become terrorists

(to save their heads from being separated from their body)

and then that many more terrorists will be available to come

to America and take over or terrorize US.

• 1 decade ago

I think some people would be embarrased, but how would the Iraqis be able to wipe out the terrorist when they aren't united in government?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.