I have a tooth that hurts so bad but i've already had a root canal and crown put on it less than a year ago?

My bottom tooth on the right side, the one before my wisdom tooth is killing me. I've had a root canal and a crown put on it in the past year. It hurts to eat, to talk, to spit, to bite. It's a real dull pain and it goes all the way up to my ear. At this point i don't know what else can be done to it considering it's dead and has a crown....does anyone know?

Favorite Answer

Get it taken out, considering it's dead.

I had my right top tooth taken out and I was going to have the same work you've had done however as soon as I felt some pain before the root canal my dentist changed his mind and advised I had it removed because the bacteria inside will remain and carry on decaying etc even after the work has been done. So I imagine that may have happened to you.

Have you had your wisdom teeth through and everything? if not it could be them....

hey, i dont have an answer but i am going to check back because i got the crown only on what sounds like the same tooth and it kills me all the time too- have only had the crown for 2 months and was hoping that the pain would go away after the nerve got used to the heat/cold transfer thru the gold.

my dentist did say i might need a root canal too- so i thought that would help but from your question, that may not be the answer either--- i feel for ya....GL

You shouldnt need a shot just to place a crown. The tooth already has a root canal which means it will have no feeling. Placing the crown is super easy. Just make sure your bite feels comfortable to you once its in. If it feels high, like it hits first, tell the dentist so they can adjust it so its comfortable for you. Good luck!

sounds like an infection. i hate to tell you this, but you might have to get the crown removed and have the area cleaned out. my first root canal hadn't healed all the way when it was capped and i had to have it done all over again.

go to the dentist immediately.

You could have an infection... check with your dentist.