Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

How did u achieve your weight loss?

I would like to know what your best way to lose weight was? Details on how hard it was or how easy and how much you lost?

Favorite Answer

I have always had the hardest time loosin weight but one day I just decided I was goin to not go on a "diet" but change my lifestyle. I started eating healthy and counting allll my calories (use www.sparkpeople.com, its great!). I used to hate exercising but now i work out all the time. Once you get into the routine of things it is soooo much easier than you could imagine. Good luck!

This was what I did a few years ago to lose weight

1. No eating past 4 or 5 pm

2. No junk food

3. 1 hr of tae bo or 30 minutes of treadmill or eliptical (6 days a week)

4. 4 or 5 cups of fresh brewed green tea a day

5. No fried food, cheese, or potatoes.

I had two meals a day - once in the mid morning and once around 4 or so. You're going to feel extremely hungry not eating after 4, but your body will get used to it after a couple of days.

I lost about 30 pounds with this diet.

I got a job that was much less stressful and much more active. I watched what I ate (how much and what kind of whatever) and drank more water. I walked for 45 minutes every morning before breakfast. I read everything I could about weight loss and diet and used the things that worked for me. it was fairly easy to lose the weight. I eat several small meals a day, so I'm never hungry and I allow myself one meal a week where I eat what I want, whether it's "healthy" or not.

WEIGHT WATCHERS!!! I admit that at first i thought it was going to be a waste of time..but honestly it worked fast and it was so easy because you still get to eat some food that isnt that great for you...you dont have to starve yourself....and results start to show long before you even start exercising. I lost 28 pounds in the first month, and that was before i started working out....it is so easy to stick to and ive kept the weight off for 4 years now....without exercise....and i still get to have mcdonalds or KFC whenever i want to. I recommend it to anybody wanting to lose weight, whether it is a little or a lot

Source(s): Weight watchers has kept my weight off for 4 years now

find calorie/fitness calculator on the net, enter all your stats and it will tell you how many calories you need a day to maintain, take off 300-400cal off that number and thats how much you need to lose.

eat 5-6 small meals a day (eat every 2-3 hours)

5-8 servings of fruit and veggies a day

8 glasses of water

have complex carbs for breakfast - they give you energy

have lean meat (protein) for dinner - repairs muscle

cardio exercise 4-6 times a week for 30-50min, light weight training

dont consume foods that are made of white flour (white bread, cakes, past etc.), sugar loaded foods (cookies, icecream, candy etc) and nothing fried, oily.

ofcourse you can spoil yourself once in a while with a little treat:)

i lost about 40lbs

I am still not at my weightloss goal, but i am quickly aproaching it. i changed my eating habits from 3 meals to 8 smaller ones. i also go to the gym 5 times a week and include at least 30 mins of cardio ( best to mix it up). i take supplements, they are not magic pills but simply aid in weightloss. i also include a cheat meal once a week. this makes it feel as if i am not dieting, b/c i truely am not sucking weight. in the last 2-3 months i've lost over 17 pounds. i started at 201 and currently at 183.5 and still dropping. it is not water weight, and i have made significant muscle gains as well. I believe the only thing one needs is dedication to truely make it to the gym.

I switched from drinking regular soda to diet-soda's instead and started to go out for a run a couple of times per week. Nothing happened for the first few weeks but then it just started to melt off me. I'm at my ideal weight now.

Exercise and plenty of it, but start slow, depending on age and weight . Don't buy junk foods to keep around the house the won't stay. Look for healthy foods and drink plenty of water. It's hard to drink to much.( but possible)

walk a toy poodle for 41 minutes at 2 miles per hour

Clean up your diet, weight train.