Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 decade ago

Do you buy a Mother's Day present just for your mom, or for all the moms in your life?

If your friends are mothers, do you give them a card or phone them? If your girlfriend is a mom (and you're not the father), would you buy her a gift? Is this a celebration just for your own mom? What do you do?

(I realize this is a lot of questions, sorry)

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

hi, I get my mom a present on mother's day. And all the other mom's i know i give them a hug and say happy mother's day.

• 1 decade ago

Typically you get your own mother a present. The other mom's in your life will feel very special, however, if you do remember them. If you can afford it, buy a single flower for each of them and just put a little note on there saying "because you're a great mom" they will love you forever, I promise. Heck, I love you for even thinking about it!

• 1 decade ago

You could buy gifts for any mother in your life, not just your mom sweet heart. Your grand mom, teacher, neighbour, step mom, etc A mother should not only be women with a biological Child/ children. She is really the woman who represents a motherhood to you. Do as you wish.

And your mom should not get jealous.

• 1 decade ago

Great question! In fact, I wrote about this in my 360 just this morning. I honor the moms in my life. I have my own mother of course, I have an ex-wife who is mother to my daughter, and the woman I'm dating as well who has children whom I am not the parent of. I draw the line at extending this to friends parents. But that's me! If they have influenced your life in some meaningful way, maybe it would be appropriate to acknowledge them as well. If I were married, I would also honor my mother-in-law. I hope this helps!

Oooh! Thanks to an earlier person that posted! I almost forgot Grandma!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • *I went out and bought a lot of mom's I know cards and stuff for Mother's Day :):)

-I give my friends mom's cards and tell them thank you for everything etc.

• 1 decade ago

those people close to you like your mother,grandmother and your girlfriend (relationship wise)are the ones you could buy giftes for.your friends and relatives,etc. you can give the phone calls and do something extra if you like.I know it could be pretty expensive trying to buy for everyone.

Source(s): good luck!
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.