Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

what should i do??

Been in a relationship for five years, a long hard five. I've had to pay most of all the bills, get car fixed all the time, and keep the househod together. We always had talked about marriage but it hasn't happened. The other day we got into an argument and he said "i'm not marrying you until you learn to change your attitude" His is worst than mine. What should I do, fly the coop or stick it out and be patient. He loves me and I love him, but does that matter?

Favorite Answer

If he hasnt changed by now and your role as the bread winner hasnt changed, marriage will not make your situation better. He;s trying to make you feel like your not worthy of marriage or your not ready...(when really he's not) almost like your not good enough for him. he's reaping the benfits of a married person now so whats the hold up? You can Love someone to death and even forever (im feeling it now) but its not everything. Love is not the MAIN attribute to a marriage. its MUCH MORE. i just had to except that, everyone told me if you cant deal with the sitation now marriage will make it worse because a persons true colors show....and they were right...im engaged and its getting real hard!! im at the end of the road...i really want to be with him but can i..? can you..?what will help you guys improve or have you guys already gone your seperate ways in your mind but are just too comfortable to move on?

Source(s): http://www.watchtower.org/library/w/1999/2/15/arti... someone linked this to me...its helping

Well, if you both love each other I think you both can try to change your attitude. Marriage is all about two becoming one. Sit down and talk about your dislikes and how each other can change. I know your not married yet but when you live with someone that long its like marriage. Marriage is not easy but if you love each other there's hope.

i dont think love can be alive if you guys dont get i mean it will never work unless you get along if you dont resolve your problem they will always intefere in ur relationship and soon or later you gonna give up

you dont have the choices to fly or stay he does..so your best bet is to straighten up

yes

Source(s): yes