Which is cheaper to build or get built: a chainlink fence or wooden plank fence? Let's say economy for both.

Favorite Answer

fence is cheaper

I believe that Chain Link is cheaper all the way around,Here in my area a 50 ft.roll of fence fabric runs about 35 dollars and the post few dollars each,then the top rail.so with spacing at ten feet.. you would need 4 line post and 2 end post and 3 top rails which will give you some extra because they are 21 ft each.you now have maybe

80 to 100 dollars invested,and it will take you about 2 to 3 hors to install once the post are set..

and this fence should last 25 years with out much maintenance..

on the other hand a wood fence here is 60 plus dollars per 10 ft section and will last maybe 10 years if you take care of it each year with water sealer or paint and then don't run into it with anything, keep it sprayed for bugs (termites)..

so as I see it chain link is a much better buy..

Source(s): I have in the past worked for a fence contractor..

A chain fence may be more costly in the beginning, but the upkeep on a wooden fence would cost you more considering all the maintenance that it will need because of the elements.

i just did a chain link fence it cost a little over a gran for materials roughly 1200 dollars to gates 150 ft of fencing plus come along to tighten its a must. ide say for privacy go with wood and less maintenance would be the galvanized they will probably run around the same for materials